PDA

View Full Version : Sell Gunnar Crosshairs for Black Mtn Cycles Road?

scho74
10-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Am I crazy for wanting to sell my Crosshairs for a BMC Road?

I don't race cyclocross and ride fire roads on occassion. Most of my riding is road and I'll eventually be pulling a kiddie trailer or bike seat. I already have a steel road bike with carbon fork etc. I'd probably lose money since I'd be selling to a friend. Is the Crosshairs a better all arounder than the BMC? Talk me out of it. Halp!

KidWok
10-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Yes...you're absolutely nuts. Have 10+ bikes in my fleet at any given time. There's always been a Gunnar (Roadie or Crosshairs) and that bike has almost always been the preferred bike to take out for a ride. I especially liked the Crosshairs old geometry for road/gravel riding. I have 32's on it and gladly use it on Seattle's horrible roads and also heading east into the mountains on 100 mile road/gravel adventure rides. I swear by their Waterford fork upgrades...you won't find a better handling fork for road/gravel riding out there.

Tai

modernfuturist
10-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Mike Varley (Black Mountain Cycles) is one COOL dude, but I personally don't think it will be worth it to swap those bikes?

You get more tire clearance with the Gunnar and the Black Mountain Cycles Road is too similar to your Stoemper.

Keep that bike stable diversified!

DCW
10-10-2014, 03:45 PM
I ride my Gunnar Crosshairs everywhere, and with a trailer at times.

I ride with a compact crank, and switch between a 12-27 cassette for road, or 12-32 for mountain/fire roads.

And I do connect the bike to the kid's trailer for rec-path riding. I can do 14+ miles with the trailer, and it pulls great.

Keep your Crosshairs - it's a do-it-all frame, and a comfortable geometry too.:banana:

bcm119
10-10-2014, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't. Crosshairs are very nice bikes.

scho74
10-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Thank you gentlemen for helping me come to my senses. Needed that kick to the head! :bike: