PDA

View Full Version : Shameless brag... on the interwebs

makoti
10-10-2014, 10:31 AM
A good friend of mine & I are featured in the Readers Rigs section of PezcyclingNews.com. I'm rider #2.
They did a nice job making me sound interesting. ;-)
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/readersrigs/readers-rigs-5/#.VDfSW2ddWAm

Keith A
10-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Nice...thanks for sharing.

redir
10-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Nice! Sweet bike too.

CaptStash
10-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Neato!

ctbiker
10-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Before your post, I was totally unaware of Hollands bikes; I'd heard lots about HollandCycles of San Diego. Nice bikes.

You seem to have stuffed a lot of cycling into a few years - good going!

I know it's supposed to be "bad" but I love your use of the word "smooshed"

I have a couple S&S coupled bikes so I know that 700c wheels fit into 26x26x10 cases but your picture of the wheel on the top of the case sure looks too big to fit!

zap
10-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Interesting, it appears John is back in business. Met John at a race long ago before he started building frames full time.

velomonkey
10-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Chuck Pena - I've not heard that name in sometime - I've not ridden with him in an even longer time. And the Coppi's jersey!!!!!

I was there in DC back in the day - doesn't seem that long ago, but alas it is.

I'm still good friends with Dale B and still talk to Rob L all the time.

Thanks for posting.

makoti
10-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Before your post, I was totally unaware of Hollands bikes; I'd heard lots about HollandCycles of San Diego. Nice bikes.

You seem to have stuffed a lot of cycling into a few years - good going!

I know it's supposed to be "bad" but I love your use of the word "smooshed"

I have a couple S&S coupled bikes so I know that 700c wheels fit into 26x26x10 cases but your picture of the wheel on the top of the case sure looks too big to fit!

John was always getting inquires about building a Holland & he had to politely tell them No, I have an "S".
It fits. It was just put on top for the picture. However, I now take the tire off the front wheel (thanks to a tip from this place) and life is way, way easier with TSA.

makoti
10-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Interesting, it appears John is back in business. Met John at a race long ago before he started building frames full time.

Sadly, I don't think so. When I decided to go with stainless steel, I checked out other builders. Then I thought I should at least ask him. He confirmed he was retired & didn't build anymore, but agreed that it would be fun to try his hand at both couplers & stainless. I reminded him that he said he'd build again if something "interesting" came along. He thought about it, said "I did say that, didn't I?" and off we went. ;-)