PDA

View Full Version : A happier ending to a bicyclist assault in Kentucky

Keith A
10-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Not the way these things usually turn out...
http://www.peopleforbikes.org/blog/entry/a-happier-ending-to-a-bicyclist-assault-in-kentucky

soulspinner
10-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks Keith for posting good news.:)

redir
10-09-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't know. I think I'd have been happier if he just spent an extra month in jail. Screw 'em.

Fivethumbs
10-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Ya think the apology was not sincere?!

David Tollefson
10-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Shoulda put him on the back of a tandem and really taken him for a ride...

Actually, though, who knows, seeing the "other side" just might be the best idea. He *may* even become a regular, with forgiving people like that to hang around.

Waldo
10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Link broken.

54ny77
10-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I like this comment:

"This would have been even better if just as the ride ended and everyone is seemingly all disneyworld happy, a couple of the riders would have just hauled off and beat the ever loving crap out of this punk. He deserved nothing better."

I hope the assault and jail time stays permanently on his record. The kid needs to face more consequences for his actions than a group bike ride and an "I'm sorry."

malcolm
10-09-2014, 09:04 PM
If the victim is ok with it I guess I am too.

Steve in SLO
10-09-2014, 10:17 PM
If you look at 'Corky''s follow up comment, it seems as if he is both okay and not okay with it.

Dr Luxurious
10-10-2014, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Hunter Puryear The Douche
I never in a million years thought I would hurt somebody with that

uh huh. sure.

bart998
10-10-2014, 03:53 AM
I don't know. I think I'd have been happier if he just spent an extra month in jail. Screw 'em.

Working in a county jail and 20 years on patrol, I do agree a longer jail term seems justified. I do think the ride with the club is a good idea because the ultimate goal is not just punishment, but to change hearts so the problem stops.

redir
10-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Working in a county jail and 20 years on patrol, I do agree a longer jail term seems justified. I do think the ride with the club is a good idea because the ultimate goal is not just punishment, but to change hearts so the problem stops.

Yeah I know what you mean. It kind of puts the correction in the correctional institute.

The sad fact of the matter is I believe the kid when he say's he didn't think it would hurt the cyclist. I really do. In fact I think that is a huge problem we all face. Ignorant drivers think we will just bounce off their cars like rubber balls or something. The problem almost always comes down too poor drivers education and how pathetically easy it is to get a license to drive a deadly weapon in the US (IDK about the rest of the world).