PDA

View Full Version : If I had a nickel...

stronzo
10-09-2014, 11:22 AM
...for every time it hurt worse to walk than to ride. :help:

Banged the heck out of my lower Achilles tendon last night in a cross race. I didn't really even notice during the race, but as soon as I stopped riding, it started to swell up good. This morning I felt like I needed crutches just to hobble out of my apartment. But as soon as I started pedaling, the pain was gone. Can I just ride my bike all day?

Gsinill
10-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Welcome!
BTW, interesting user name :eek:

bking
10-09-2014, 12:02 PM
very very very careful with the achilles tendon. when it's inflammed it's telling you something, and you should listen.

stronzo
10-09-2014, 12:11 PM
very very very careful with the achilles tendon. when it's inflammed it's telling you something, and you should listen.

Yeah, most definitely. I think I banged my pedal against it pulling evasive maneuvers to avoid a crash in front of me on a fast single track section. Must've hit it pretty hard as the contact broke the skin through the sock.

Just found it funny and got a bit nostalgic when I thought about past times when I could ride way more comfortably and successfully than I could walk. Figured other folks might have funny or interesting stories to share along those lines.