PDA

View Full Version : Classified Pictures

campy man
10-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Is it just me but doesn't a classified add without a pic seem incomplete?

Especially for used items, does it make sense to include a few pics to give the buyer a sense of actual condition?

biker72
10-09-2014, 11:13 AM
is it just me but doesn't a classified add without a pic seem incomplete?

Especially for used items, does it make sense to include a few pics to give the buyer a sense of actual condition?

+100

bcroslin
10-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Is it just me but doesn't a classified add without a pic seem incomplete?

I simply ignore anything without a photo

FlashUNC
10-09-2014, 11:42 AM
I'll sometimes post with the plan to add pictures later in the day. And I generally give it a pass for cheaper items or from well-known forumites, but definitely for more expensive stuff, its a must.

mgm777
10-09-2014, 11:42 AM
I concur. Ads for used items without pics are a no-go for me. Also, ads for used bikes, where the poster leaves it up to the reader to research the geometry chart...because "it is easily found on the web"...indicates laziness to me. Also a no-go.

CPP
10-09-2014, 11:49 AM
The Weight Weenie Forum obliges photos for all Classified threads. Good idea.

Ti Designs
10-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I clicked on this thread expecting to see top secret spy planes...

bluesea
10-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I have to chuckle at my surprise when I bought a Campy rear brake sans pics at The Paceline. It came with the anodizing rubbed away near where the tire would be.

Pics, no pics, it isn't worth another forum rule.

campy man
10-09-2014, 03:14 PM
I have to chuckle at my surprise when I bought a Campy rear brake sans pics at The Paceline. It came with the anodizing rubbed away near where the tire would be.

Pics, no pics, it isn't worth another forum rule.

Purchased a brakeset and trusted since via Paceline all was good. Learned the hard way always ask for pics.

berserk87
10-09-2014, 03:18 PM
I like pics also.

If a seller is serious about selling, he or she posts pics, and exact sizing for the item, and whatnot.

Those that don't post pics are not the devil by any means, but I think that they face a tougher task than those that put good images out there.

I have purchased from this forum without pics at least once, I think, but the item was pretty inexpensive.

Lewis Moon
10-09-2014, 03:25 PM
I simply ignore anything without a photo

yeah, I pretty much do the same unless it's something I REALLY want/need.

I also HATE crap cell phone pics. No excuse for them. None. If you get a bad pic, retake it.
I also hate title lines that have very little information. List the size of the GD frame, or whether the parts you are selling fit Campy or ShimaNo, ferchrissakes.

LJohnny
10-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Have to agree about crappy phone pictures. Blurry phone pics should be banned 😊

avalonracing
10-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Sometimes you don't need photos or even a description. For instance if you post nothing but:

"Used Rapha"

people will start flooding your PayPal account with cash.

Keith A
10-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Have to agree about crappy phone pictures. Blurry phone pics should be banned 😊And I'm happy to make you in charge of looking at every picture in the classified section to make sure they meet your standards :rolleyes:

LJohnny
10-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Deal!

campy man
10-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Sometimes you don't need photos or even a description. For instance if you post nothing but:

"Used Rapha"

people will start flooding your PayPal account with cash.

Been trying to figure this out for the longest.

Rapha ... I just don't get it :confused:

54ny77
10-09-2014, 04:42 PM
ahh, yes. nothing beats a feeler with no pictures.

that's something that should happen in vegas strip club, not forum classifieds.

:p

wss
10-09-2014, 05:17 PM

Not to bust balls, but I purchased used tires from you, "without" pictures.

IIRC you only posted a picture of the manufacturers web page.

Your description of the tires, along with the cheap price, was enough info for me to purchase them.

pdmtong
10-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Not to bust balls, but I purchased used tires from you, "without" pictures.

IIRC you only posted a picture of the manufacturers web page.

Your description of the tires, along with the cheap price, was enough info for me to purchase them.

Hmm
pot meet kettle

Some things need pics others not so much. If I want a pic I ask.

RacerJRP
10-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Hmm
pot meet kettle

Some things need pics others not so much. If I want a pic I ask.

Boom! And it sounds like reason and common sense have entered the thread...

mister
10-09-2014, 09:20 PM
And I'm happy to make you in charge of looking at every picture in the classified section to make sure they meet your standards :rolleyes:

:like:

tiretrax
10-10-2014, 09:11 AM
I have posted mostly w/o pictures because I can't get them small enough resolution to attach. I always offer to email them. Haven't had a problem.

Lewis Moon
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM
I have posted mostly w/o pictures because I can't get them small enough resolution to attach. I always offer to email them. Haven't had a problem.

I take HUGE pics with a 10MP camera and never have a problem. Just host them elsewhere and link.

shovelhd
10-10-2014, 09:42 AM
My camera is only 7MP. Epic fail.

Lewis Moon
10-10-2014, 09:44 AM
My camera is only 7MP. Epic fail.

Dude...there are pills for that. Just email PrincessWandA@getbigger.kna