PDA

View Full Version : Campy record 9 vs 10 front der specs?

Dr Luxurious
10-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Anybody know whether there are any functional differences between a 9 & 10 record front deregulator? IE different throw, different cage width, etc.?

Real question is whether a 10sp derailleur will work with 9sp levers without extra tweaking.
I know that throw really doesn't matter w/ Campy but cage width might: 10sp chains are more narrow so if the 10 cages are tighter then they might rub on a 9sp chain...

oldpotatoe
10-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Anybody know whether there are any functional differences between a 9 & 10 record front deregulator? IE different throw, different cage width, etc.?

Real question is whether a 10sp derailleur will work with 9sp levers without extra tweaking.
I know that throw really doesn't matter w/ Campy but cage width might: 10sp chains are more narrow so if the 10 cages are tighter then they might rub on a 9sp chain...

Work fine, plug and play. Just install, adjust height and limit screws, go ride.

thwart
10-07-2014, 07:35 PM
In theory, you pry out and remove the little nylon basket (that gray thingie) in the front of the FD cage for the 9 spd (therefore wider) chain, but I've gotten by without doing that…

http://hilarystone.com/images/sale%20images/Campag%20gears/Campag-Record-10spd-front.jpg

Dr Luxurious
10-07-2014, 10:06 PM
In theory, you pry out and remove the little nylon basket

Ooooooh yeah. I remember that, now.
Cool, thanks