PDA

View Full Version : What stem to use with Nitto Noodle 48cm

big D
03-13-2006, 09:46 AM
I should be receiving my new Guru Veloci'ti this week and everything is falling in place. I have just received my new Nitto Noodle h-bar in 48cm. I am trying to pick a stem to with this bar. This is the only bar I could find in 48cm c - c.

It feels real comfortable in hands so far and I may put on on my True North.

My shop can supply me with a standard Bontrager in 26.0 but I'm looking for something that will complement this bar.

What stem would yould guy suggest for this great looking silver bar.

Thanks
big D

dirtdigger88
03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
something very STIFF-

I started out with a set of 46 nittos on my kirk at first- I was amazed at what the extra 2cm did as far as leverage goes- I cant imagine what 48s would do-

it wasnt that the bars were flexing- but rather they were flexing the stem-

my 44s dont have the same issue

Jason

sc53
03-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Nitto makes beautiful stems too--check out some of the selections at www.rivbike.com. I don't know if you need a quill or threadless but I believe both are available.

dave thompson
03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I should be receiving my new Guru Veloci'ti this week and everything is falling in place. I have just received my new Nitto Noodle h-bar in 48cm. I am trying to pick a stem to with this bar. This is the only bar I could find in 48cm c - c.

It feels real comfortable in hands so far and I may put on on my True North.

My shop can supply me with a standard Bontrager in 26.0 but I'm looking for something that will complement this bar.

What stem would yould guy suggest for this great looking silver bar.

Thanks
big D
Nitto makes a nice stem that would compliment the Noodle bars nicely. I found it at BensBikes and Rivendell.