PDA

View Full Version : OT: college football

vqdriver
10-05-2014, 01:01 AM
this week is why it's the best sport around

Seramount
10-05-2014, 09:27 AM
yep, quite a bit of carnage in the Top 25...

jghall
10-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Yep. 4 of the top 6, 5 of the top 8 go down. Going to be interesting how the rest of the season goes.

Unless your team lost, a great weekend for college football. Best tailgating fun too.

joosttx
10-05-2014, 09:38 AM
We which from cable to hulu/netflix about a year ago. A weekend like this makes me wish we had ESPN. Georgia won all is right in the world.

Birddog
10-05-2014, 01:25 PM
One of the best Saturdays for football in recent memory, maybe ever!

rab
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Agreed! Some really great games and finishes. I love a ton of sports but hard to beat college football on weekends like this.

beeatnik
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Early ride on sat, college football the rest of the day. Not much better.

chuckroast
10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately my team lost last night (Nebraska, although they mounted a furious comeback that fell short). I still agree though that days like yesterday are what make this sport so great.

bikerboy337
10-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Roll Tide! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Climb01742
10-05-2014, 08:15 PM
After Oregon lost Thursday I was bummed, but Saturday's carnage means one loss might not be the kiss of death. I just want someone other than FLA St to be champ.

Keith A
10-05-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm with you Climb on FSU and wish they would boot out their QB. Speaking of QB's, looks like Tysom Hill is out for the season, I liked watching that guy.

Saguaro
10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Arizona State's Hail Mary walk-off vs. USC has to be the greatest play ever in ASU history!

ASU has 7 seconds left on the clock. Watch it here again, and again...

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/276/files/2014/10/867365273.gif

ASU wins against a #16 ranked opponent on the road 38- 34.

Go Devils!

vqdriver
10-05-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm with you Climb on FSU and wish they would boot out their QB. Speaking of QB's, looks like Tysom Hill is out for the season, I liked watching that guy.

Pretty sure jimbo's not gonna protest too much when that tire fire declares for the draft

MeatPuppet
10-06-2014, 10:23 AM
After Oregon lost Thursday I was bummed, but Saturday's carnage means one loss might not be the kiss of death. I just want someone other than FLA St to be champ.

It's going to be really interesting when it comes time to pick 4 teams to go into the playoffs. I think Florida State and Notre Dame definitely have a loss in em' before the season is done.

josephr
10-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Auburn v Mississippi State this weekend will throw a loss on someone! The Bulldogs put 570 yards on LSU and Auburn put on 566. However, LSU put up 29 points...Auburn only allowed 7. Auburn's defensive secondary will definitely be challenged and MSU will either be motivated or tired...Auburn barely squeaked out a win over K. State on the road. Game to watch for sure.

War Eagle!
Joe

joep2517
10-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Auburn v Mississippi State this weekend will throw a loss on someone! The Bulldogs put 570 yards on LSU and Auburn put on 566. However, LSU put up 29 points...Auburn only allowed 7. Auburn's defensive secondary will definitely be challenged and MSU will either be motivated or tired...Auburn barely squeaked out a win over K. State on the road. Game to watch for sure.

War Eagle!
Joe

This and the Ole Miss/A&M game. There will be additional shake up in the top 10 this weekend. Whoever wins the SEC West will have survived the gauntlet. Tough division.

bikerboy337
10-06-2014, 11:25 AM
It's going to be really interesting when it comes time to pick 4 teams to go into the playoffs. I think Florida State and Notre Dame definitely have a loss in em' before the season is done.

The one good things the teams that have 1 loss have going for them now, is its early... much better to lose now and run the table the rest of the season than to lose in a few weeks or late in the season... Especially this year as its a 4 team playoff, having one loss is not a killer... especially in a conference like the SEC... we'll see what happens...

Roll Tide! Unfortunately my alma-mater (boston college - at lease college hockey is around the corner!) was out of the playoff hunt a few weeks ago, but luckily my niece is a sophomore Bama and my brother and sister-in-law went there as well... oh, my other brother went to ND, but as BC alum, can't root for his team ;)

vqdriver
10-06-2014, 11:36 AM
i'm really torn for that ND/FSU game. can't abide the irish, and i really don't like winston. is there a way they can both lose?

as for the playoffs, this conference cannibalization will continue and we'll probably end up seeing three of the big 5 conferences in there, not four. i'm guessing two sec, fsu, and either a pac12 or big12. doesn't really matter how they get there i suppose.

the crazy thing for me, being in the pac12, is that somehow cal sits atop the north. whodda thought......

cd_davis
10-06-2014, 11:50 AM
There is a good column in today's Wall Street Journal about all the past week's upsets - "College Football Goes Nuts". The article discusses and raises the question how the Selection Committee for the Championship Playoffs might choose the four playoff teams especially if many of the top ranked teams all have one loss. Makes college football fun.....