PDA

View Full Version : Crit # 1

Dr. Doofus
03-12-2006, 05:10 PM
yummy

all the bozos were gone after 15 minutes

everything was smooth, and unfortunately, fast (we were just short of the 3 pace).

doof has all kinds of 95rpm power -- no problem closing gaps or grunting a big gear out of corners to move up. but...but...but...even though doof went to a 52 ring last year and does all sorts of stuff to build leg speed, this leopard can't change his spots...he's still the same old diesel doof from 1988...so when the kids punched it at 120rpm in something small in the sprint, doof was there with em grinding away...no punch, no placing in a crit...so doof just rolls over the line last in the front group

gotta put that 53 ring back on....

Mud
03-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Keep on truckin!

stevep
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
ditch the 53..try a few weeks with a 50.
need to be faster.

Fixed
03-12-2006, 06:21 PM
bro at least you got to race i get up at 5 am ride 15 miles to the race start and have to do traffic control all day no one came to take my place
8 hours in the sun 85 degrees I was pretty bumed out bro
cheers :beer:
one of the jerks team bros raced in the pro 1,2,3, 's i don't know how he did though cheers

inthegutter
03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Doof,

If i had a threshold of 330 watts in the 4's, I would just attack from the start and solo the whole thing.

:rolleyes:

Dr. Doofus
03-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Doof,

If i had a threshold of 330 watts in the 4's, I would just attack from the start and solo the whole thing.

:rolleyes:

doof has a good threshold, its true...but from the last three weekends, doof will say either: the powertap ain't right (which would mean the lab doobhickey ain't right either); or its not just threshold power, boys and girls...little unimportant things like being able to attack way over threshold, hold it for a few minutes, and then keep it at threshold matter...but given that our races have been faster, or within 5% of the 3s, nobody is going to ride away from the field anyway, unless they're 2 strong...

doof doesn't have much in the way of acceleration right now...we'll see after a month of VO2 intervals...when doof tried to move today, it took him too long to get the gear rolling, and it just meant he towed everyone along in the wind at a fast clip for a little while, and sent three guys out the back who didn't jump on to a wheel when we turned into the wind...but didn't really acheive anything for it....

saab2000
03-12-2006, 08:25 PM
...no punch, no placing in a crit...so doof just rolls over the line last in the front group

That sounds familiar....... We should ride together. My best year was '88 and felt the same way. Nobody could drop me, but I couldn't beat them either. Sick feeling, huh?

Dr. Doofus
03-13-2006, 07:37 AM
hey kids...

just figured out why oodf had no spin yesterday

his saddle had slipped back 1cm...must have been from the crash...who knows...moved it back up and tightened the bolts down good

bein 4cm behind the spindle will take the edge of your rpms...

doof should really check stuff like that...but he's kinda...well..."minimal" on race days....

LegendRider
03-13-2006, 08:37 AM
What's your preferred saddle setback?

Dr. Doofus
03-13-2006, 10:39 AM
What's your preferred saddle setback?

the "3" on doof's flite is lined up the with back edge of the seat clamp, on a 73sta frame...so its about 7 cm of saddle setback...which means 3cm behind the spindle on doof's short leg, 2cm behind the spindle on his long one...moving the saddle up 1-2cm makes the handling a little goofy (doof's tried that...doof no like how the bike feels over 30 with the saddle shoved all the way forward on the rails...kops be damned).