PDA

View Full Version : Cool older Ti Serotta on the bay...

AngryScientist
10-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Another sweet one for the short folks. I love the paint job, even though its quite beat up. My stable is full, but just curious if anyone knows what model this is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Serotta-S2Ti-Road-Bike-Frame-Set-49cm-SMALL-Titanium-/351186886522?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

DRZRM
10-03-2014, 06:43 AM
It looks like an early Legend (ATMO) before they put the Legend sticker on, but it uses the same tubes, and that looks like a painted F-1 fork but with aluminum dropouts, so again early days for the model. I'd guess 96-97 (maybe even 95), I think by 98 it would have said Legend on the top tube and had ti dropouts.

Edit: I just noticed the 3-D rear dropouts which means it almost has to be from 98 or later. Maybe they used older stickers after a respray. If the stickers don't match the frame I can't make a guess. Maybe Legend, maybe Fierte.

merlinmurph
10-03-2014, 07:47 AM
My stable is full, ....

Bite your tongue. I didn't hear that, OK?

I would seriously consider buying a 90-ish Colorado in the classic red/yellow fade.

Enjoy your ride,
Murph

Saint Vitus
10-03-2014, 09:25 AM
It looks like an early Legend (ATMO) before they put the Legend sticker on, but it uses the same tubes, and that looks like a painted F-1 fork but with aluminum dropouts, so again early days for the model. I'd guess 96-97 (maybe even 95), I think by 98 it would have said Legend on the top tube and had ti dropouts.

Edit: I just noticed the 3-D rear dropouts which means it almost has to be from 98 or later. Maybe they used older stickers after a respray. If the stickers don't match the frame I can't make a guess. Maybe Legend, maybe Fierte.

Yep 3D dropouts, my mid nineties Legend doesn't have the Columbus decal at the top of the seat tube and never did that I can tell so I don't much stock in decals or stickers. The serial number is given in the description, ST49237 which from Angry Scientists' thread indicates a Classique Ti (49 cm 237 production number).