PDA

View Full Version : OT: VW Ad in Hong Kong Movie Theatre

Brian Cdn
10-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Gearmeister forwarded this ad that's been up on youtube to me. Thought it was extremely well done. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHixeIr_6BM?rel=0&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3

Wish more car and cell phone companies would do ads like this.

zmudshark
10-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Pleasantly surprised at the ad, and sickened at the same time.

Worth watching. THX

I don't have a phone that can do that. My phone is just a phone, leave me a message.

SlackMan
10-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Completely and totally awesome! On my bike commute home today, I was hit almost three times, and two of those were by texters.

tiretrax
10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Completely and totally awesome! On my bike commute home today, I was hit almost three times, and two of those were by texters.

It's amazing how prevalent that is. Glad you're ok.

That's a great ad, btw.

oldpotatoe
10-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Gearmeister forwarded this ad that's been up on youtube to me. Thought it was extremely well done. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHixeIr_6BM?rel=0&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3

Wish more car and cell phone companies would do ads like this.

No kidding..was tailgated the other day..phone in two hands, top of steering wheel, texting...

Your phone is tied to the car via bluetooth, right? How about a 'weight in seat' text disabler for driver's phone? Like the airbag gets disabled for front passenger if kid seat in there, not heavy enough or empty. Telecommunication industry bribes too big in congress.

jh_on_the_cape
10-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Vermont has a law that started Oct 1. You cannot have a phone in your hands while driving at all for any reason. Or something like that.

oldpotatoe
10-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Vermont has a law that started Oct 1. You cannot have a phone in your hands while driving at all for any reason. Or something like that.

unenforceable by-in-large...

jh_on_the_cape
10-03-2014, 09:22 AM

I hope it will make law abiding citizens put their phones down or get hands free devices. And if a cop sees you with a phone in your hand, you will get pulled over. How it plays out in court is another matter.

Connecticut has a hands free law and there are signs as you enter the state. Also prohibit radar detectors.

dnades
10-03-2014, 05:37 PM
There was an ad in Britain that aired probably three years ago. It showed a slow motion crash of two cars (due to either phone use or texting) with a baby in the car. Both parents die in the accident. baby survives. Pretty horrific. Great ad. I don't remember if an auto manufacturer did it or if it was government sponsored.

mistermo
10-03-2014, 09:54 PM

Wifey received two tickets in Connecticut before she learned to abide.