PDA

View Full Version : Bethel Spring Series RIP, looking for new venue/s

carpediemracing
10-02-2014, 02:14 PM
I might as well post it here. Basically the Bethel Spring Series is done in Bethel. I hope to relocate the Series to another location.

It seems like New Britain would be amenable to 2 weeks there. I'd like to have 6 weeks total so that leaves 1-2 more venues with 2-4 days at each venue. I'm trying to find a venue or two and I'm looking for any ideas/suggestions. More info in the post linked below.

http://bethelspringseries.com/news/2014-end-of-an-era-call-for-help

Unwritten things:
- New Britain may approve 2 weeks (not done at this point)
- Prefer CT locations, closer to Hartford, to present a package to a potential sponsor which includes a lot of volunteers

Written things:
- Close to highway
- Easy to close down
- Roads not really used on Sundays

Thanks for looking.

thegunner
10-02-2014, 02:40 PM
:( i still like the lime rock idea haha

carpediemracing
10-02-2014, 03:23 PM
The base cost of Limerock is pretty steep, even if it includes EMTs. It's more than the two officers, the officials, and all my paid employees for a day at Bethel.

I'm trying to track down the contact for a couple locations. It's pretty tricky actually, the Missus helped me with one using her "forensic tax" skills.

I started thinking that maybe, with all these venues fresh in my mind, I could get races at more than just 1 or 2 of them, maybe more, like 4 new venues, and tie them together in some series. I look at each of these locations and I think "Hey, I want to race that too!".

Limerock would be an easy one to add I think, just the entries would be higher than the other venues.

New Britain seems more responsive so that's nice.

I also got info on two locations in NY. Depending on what time etc I have, there might be two races out of those.

firerescuefin
10-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Don't live within thousands of miles, but genuinely appreciate your efforts. Without folks like yourself that side of the sport doesn't exist. Good luck.