PDA

View Full Version : STEEL - When Weight Matters

Hard Fit
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Based on the bike you usually grab for first, if the three main tubes are mainly STEEL, at what point do you think weight differences matter in a bike? Ignore differences in whether the weight is rotational or not.

Weight matters if it’s:

e-RICHIE
03-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Based on the bike you usually grab for first, if the three main tubes are mainly STEEL, at what point do you think weight differences matter in a bike? Ignore differences in whether the weight is rotational or not.

Weight matters if it’s:

"Ignore differences in whether the weight is rotational or not."

how can you start a weight thread and use this as a qualifier atmo?
weight matters if you use it as an excuse.

NAHBS
03-12-2006, 12:40 PM
weight matters if you use it as an excuse.

What e-R said...
I can use weight as an excuse, like this..."I lost contact climbing with the group because i am fat"

DW

Smiley
03-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I think the new steel's on the market really negate all weight issues if you find the right balance in the ride qualities you want. I think knocking a bike cause its steel is just a bad excuse , Steel or even Ti which is relatively heavy to these new Carbon bikes does not make for a better riding machine.

Chris Chance told me once , He could build the lightest bike on the market , but it would ride like manure . He designs his bikes and they weigh what they weigh period .

I await a new Uniscasi Steel from with the added weight of Couplers and lets not forget my Brooks saddle :banana: