PDA

View Full Version : Look Keo Blade pedals?

alexstar
10-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Hey all,

Does anybody have any experience with these? Are they any good, or are they to be avoided? I saw one thread here about a failure of the carbon blade, but I see there are many varieties available these days; are some models better than others? Are new models more reliable? I'm used to LOOK pedals, usually using Keo 2 Max Carbon, but the blade design is new territory for me.

Thanks,
Alex

Gummee
10-01-2014, 04:11 PM
My pair is going on 2 years old now. Still feel like pedals.

M

Hank Scorpio
10-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I have one pair that failed at the spindle. Pretty well known issue and well documented on other forums. Some have had luck with Look warranty support but not all including myself. With three bikes and three pairs of shoes I am reluctant to change but if I did I would look at the dura ace SPD-SL pedals.

Brian Cdn
10-01-2014, 05:07 PM
I have been running a pair of ti and a pair of CrMo2 blades for over 2 years on my bikes. Both bikes get a lot of mileage.

Some knock / clicking issues in the ti axle. Easily fixed by using a 19mm box end wrench, re-lubing and re-tightening. Eliminated noise, haven't had any issues since.

No issues at all with CrMo blade.

bcroslin
10-01-2014, 08:54 PM
I've been running a set of the aero carbon blades for going on a year with no issues. Look's are the only pedals I've ever used on the road but if I was going to go with something else I'd probably go Shimano.

hudsonp
10-01-2014, 09:02 PM
If you beat on your equipement, look elsewhere...
Otherwise, these are fine and durable pedals.

Black Dog
10-01-2014, 09:18 PM
The latest generation of blades (wide central blade) solved the issues of the 1st generation. Look pedals are good and last a long time.

alexstar
10-02-2014, 01:55 AM
Thanks guys, I may give these a try :beer:

soulspinner
10-02-2014, 04:34 AM
The latest generation of blades (wide central blade) solved the issues of the 1st generation. Look pedals are good and last a long time.

This. Bought blade 2s and like them, although they take forever to loosen up and spin freely. They seem to be more comfortable than any other Looks I have used, and Ive been on them since 1985.

ntb1001
10-02-2014, 06:43 AM
I have the new blades as well in 20 nm ....I really like them.