PDA

View Full Version : IRC Road Tubeless Experiece

Jgrooms
09-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Any opinions / exp with these? Particularly with seating / mounting..

Thanks!

hida yanra
09-30-2014, 01:15 PM
effing baller.

I've had them on three different wheelsets, (A23s w/ ghetto tape method, Ultegra 6800 wheels, Fulcrum 2way), they mount instantly and run without any problems at all.

I've run them without sealant for a month (I'm not recommending it, but it can be done), no problems there.
I'm REAL sold on how sticky they are- I can't notice a meaningful difference between cornering on high-end tubular tyres and IRCs... just lovely.

GearNut
09-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Where did you buy them? I would like to try on my Fulcrum 2ways

ariw
09-30-2014, 04:39 PM
I have the roadlite tubeless 25's and they ride like vittoria tubulars, they run wider than hutchinson tubeless, more like a 27 than a 25. Love 'em, bought through either Amazon or eBay. No flats using Stan's sealant.

-Ari

bingomck
09-30-2014, 04:42 PM
THE BEST. I love them. My only other experience is Hutchinson, and far prefer the IRC. My local shop here sells them, PM me if you want their website.

Also, I ride the road lite version (blue label) as well as the slightly heavier duty red label. Have had great success with both. Commute, train and race on same tires!

Keith A
09-30-2014, 08:48 PM
How's the durability of these tires?

BLD 25
09-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Do you feel like they are "squishy" running at a lower psi?

bingomck
09-30-2014, 10:18 PM

Maybe first ride, but you get used to it. I'm using 23s on Shamals, so not too wide, but IRC tires have good width. I'm about 180 and ride with a backpack often, usually run 90-95 rear and 85ish front. But then I won't re-inflate for a few days of riding, so probably fair amount lower. Love the ride. Not squishy, just feels smooth and consistent, cornering is great.

As for durability, on the pro lites (IRC proclaimed "race"), I probably only get 3k rear, but more front. I could probably get more but when they're looking bald or thin I proactively replace pre race. The red version definitely has better durability and is the tire I've been choosing recently. One flat in about 14k, huge piece of glass in San Francisco on commute.

Can you tell I love road tubeless?

hida yanra
10-01-2014, 10:19 PM

more than a similar clincher, but I'm also running lower pressures... so I haven't had a quite 1:1 experience?
Anyway- they feel quite softer than my 22mm tubulars for sure (at 100psi), a bit softer than 25mm ultremo clinchers (at 90psi), and then these IRC 25s at 80.

How's the durability of these tires?
so far, stellar.