PDA

View Full Version : PSA and (yet another) question @ Rapha jersey fit

bikeridah
09-30-2014, 10:05 AM
I want to get on of these special edition jerseys and wanted to ask whether I should get med or large. My chest is 39" which is right on the border. My searches have turned up that pro line fits slim, so I definitely would size up, but these don't advertise cut. Anyone have direct experience with these?

http://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/trade-team-jersey/product/TTJ02XXLBUMED

ultratoad
09-30-2014, 10:15 AM
These jerseys are standard fit (normal human)-- I have several. All jerseys fit differently, even by manufacturer, no matter how good they are-- many variances exist in materials and production. Rapha has the answer to this. Order the size you think you need-- Rapha will send it to you with a return label every time. If it doesn't fit-- send it back and they will send you the alternate size no questions asked. Same with returns--that is part of what you are paying for with Rapha....

pdmtong
09-30-2014, 12:24 PM
the jersey you are interested in is not euro cut. if you are a 39 I would get the medium - the Large which I fit as a 41R still has a bit of room and will be a bag on you. I could wear a medium for the body, but the shoulders would be way too tight.

if you are not sure, order both sizes and return one. that way you are sure to get one in case stocks get low on the size you need.

67-59
09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
if you are not sure, order both sizes and return one. that way you are sure to get one in case stocks get low on the size you need.

Agreed. I do this all the time when I buy something from Rapha in a style I haven't tried before. I just ordered both medium and large Team Sky Pro bibs because the price was great...and sent back the large when the medium fit best. If I'd have ordered only one and guessed the wrong size, they'd have been out of my size by the time I figured it out (both medium and large are now sold out).