PDA

View Full Version : speedvagen/castelli sizing

deechee
09-28-2014, 09:27 AM
So I'm thinking about pre-ordering the new speedvagen kit (http://www.thevanillaworkshop.com/shop/), but confused by the Castelli sizing. The Castelli size chart seems to run large but I'm pretty I should stick with one size up? Does anyone have their recent race-fit jerseys? Thanks.

I have a pair of their body paint bibs, and love the fit at medium, and the last Serotta jersey (the mostly black one with the blue S) I have in a medium and it fits quite nicely. The problem is, by the Castelli size chart I'm a small which doesn't match what I'm wearing.

regularguy412
09-28-2014, 09:34 AM
So I'm thinking about pre-ordering the new speedvagen kit (http://www.thevanillaworkshop.com/shop/), but confused by the Castelli sizing. The Castelli size chart seems to run large but I'm pretty I should stick with one size up? Does anyone have their recent race-fit jerseys? Thanks.

My experience with Castelli is: It's good stuff but just doesn't fit me right. The waist size in the shorts is correct (medium), but the galluses on the bibs are too short -- and I'm not a tall guy. I gave away the first pair I bought to the wife of one of my riding buddies, and went up 2 sizes for the next pair (XL). Can still barely wear them. I've not tried the jerseys, so I can't comment there. IMHO, go at least one size up -- especially if you're getting bibs.

Consequently, I just never consider Castelli clothing now.

Mike in AR:beer:

sw3759
09-28-2014, 04:24 PM
my recent experience is with medium bibs and small jerseys which fit perfect to me.nice race type fit I guess.not sure of your size (I'm 5'8" 145lbs)
I wear small jersey & shorts in most other brands rapha,pearl,etc.

pdmtong
09-28-2014, 05:39 PM
5'10 170. 42R

jersey is large in usa sizing (rapha, pearl) but XL in euro (assos, campy, mavic, demarchi, verge, capo)

bib is large in USA sizing (rapha, pearl) but XL in euro (mavic, capo)

I bough the vanilla castelli and needed XL jersey and L bib

deechee
09-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I ordered Mediums all around. I'm 140-145/5'8. Its too bad I won't be wearing them until next year :P

denapista
09-29-2014, 01:17 PM
The speedvagen kit is PURE RACE FIT.

I find that the Aero bibs and team jersey run smaller than Rapha L items.

I wear L/L and the SV kit runs small. Good thing I lost lots of weight before I wore my SV kit. If you do any type of curls or arm workouts, good luck getting the castelli jersey over your pythons brother!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2941/15393600192_945660956a_b.jpg

PoppaWheelie
09-29-2014, 02:00 PM
In Rapha I use a large bib, a medium in their "club" jersey and a large in the pro-team stuff. I have a large SV Castelli kit and it's snug. If I lost 5 lbs it'd be perfect...definitely on the slim side.

stackie
09-29-2014, 04:07 PM
6'4'' 200lbs

Rapha XXL Pro Team top, XL Classic

Rapha XL Pro Team bottom, L Classic

Pearl Izumi XL top, L bottom

Speedvagen/Castelli XXL top, XL bottom. It's a very nice kit. I like it as much as the Rapha, in some ways more. I like the top fabric better, less clammy in the last two humid months. Shorts definitely a little lower end than the Rapha Pro, but nice. They are definitely shorter in the leg.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Jon

crankles
09-29-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm 5' 11", 158lbs . Wear Mediums in just about everything but castelli racer cut.
I have several speevagen kits. All are Large.