PDA

View Full Version : World Championship Road Race - Spoiler Alert

MattTuck
09-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Looks to be a very exciting final lap coming up for the rainbow jersey.

ptourkin
09-28-2014, 09:11 AM
What stream are you on? I'm on YouTube livestream as proxy from Japan but it's choppy.

MattTuck
09-28-2014, 09:15 AM
UCI youtube stream. using Hola on chrome, from Great Britain.

MattTuck
09-28-2014, 09:16 AM
leaders still have 20 seconds, but the peloton of 60 will be on them soon.

ptourkin
09-28-2014, 09:25 AM
Great Britain didn't work for me but good stream on that channel as proxy from Germany right now.

Great finish coming.

MattTuck
09-28-2014, 09:34 AM
What a great move Kwiatkowski made. Such a great rider.

EDS
09-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Race was on Universal Sports Network in my neck of the woods.

MattTuck
09-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Commentator just pointed out that this was the same podium as LBL this year.

jlwdm
09-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Nice to see a rider make an aggressive move and hang on to win.

Jeff

jpw
09-28-2014, 11:26 AM
did Gerrans do the right thing racing in Canada?

ultraman6970
09-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Did not know this plug in... thanks for the tip :)

UCI youtube stream. using Hola on chrome, from Great Britain.

Uncle Jam's Army
09-28-2014, 04:05 PM
did Gerrans do the right thing racing in Canada?

I don't know about his build up, but he definitely blew it not helping track down Kwiatkowski. I know there were two Belgians in the chase group, but it became clear pretty quickly that Gilbert was not going to be able to bring back Kwiatkowski by himself. That's what is so maddening about Gerrans, he always seems to sit on and hope he's towed to the line (e.g., Milan San Remo 3 or 4 years ago). Same for Valverde. If they each contributed just one 30 second pull all out, that five-man chase group would have brought back Kwiatkowski.

Awesome racing. That was a great last 8 k. Kudos to Kwiatkowski, brilliant move.

ultraman6970
09-28-2014, 05:32 PM
+1

Valverde IMO pulled, not like gilbert but he did pulled.

I believe nobody has more podiums than Valverde now (6), just amazing. I believe Contador was right, this was not the type of terrain for him, even purito got lost at the end.

HOnestly I thought that valverde was going to jump like 150 meters before everybody started the sprint, well I wasnt him so probably he was just with the empty tank at that point as everybody.

nooneline
09-28-2014, 09:44 PM
If they each contributed just one 30 second pull all out, that five-man chase group would have brought back Kwiatkowski.

Yeah!

Or...
They'd have each taken that pull, blown, and gotten themselved dropped.

It's too easy to Monday-morning quarterback races when you haven't ridden the 260km with them.

Uncle Jam's Army
09-28-2014, 11:24 PM
It's too easy to Monday-morning quarterback races when you haven't ridden the 260km with them.

I didn't ride the 260 km with them, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If you saw the race, you would know that Gerrans was riding really easy in the group. He even said he was feeling super in the finale. Well, then, maybe he should have done a little bit of work, rather than just suck wheel. And a 30 second interval wouldn't cause a pro at that level to get dropped.

I stand corrected, Valverde did take a useful turn on the front in the last few kms. Surprisingly, he didn't get dropped.

ultraman6970
09-28-2014, 11:59 PM
+1 with Uncle...

Just finished to watch the whole broadcasting and valverde had to take good turns pulling the peloton way before expected just to keep the group rolling and way before the 10 th or 5th km. Did not see purito too much, just one full gas uphill chase that was the one that got valverde and the others off the main peloton, the perfect attack IMO.

As for the Australian he did nothing but follow wheels that is not easy at that level tho. gilbert turned inside out for his team mate.

FC, IMO was in the wrong wheels at the wrong moments or he wasn't as good as everybody thought, wonder if the Schleck customs are catching up with him, maybe comeback to his roots (saxo) could help him.

tiretrax
10-02-2014, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd0zU0lklPs#t=457

edit: start watching at 5:30