PDA

View Full Version : Lynskey Rouler anyone got one..

UKBROOKLYN
09-25-2014, 04:47 PM
These new low price Lynskeys have been out for about a year now but I can't find any real rider reviews.. Has anyone actually ridden one .. would be very interested to here from someone who has.

Please lets stay away from discussing Lyskeys business model that has been done to death in another thread.

DarkStar
09-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Yeah I have one, about two months now. Picked it up as a replacement until I can get my Serotta Ti repaired. Really like the bike, smooth and just the right amount of stiffness for my taste, and a great price to boot.:banana:
Also the fit is just about perfect, could have been custom.

oddsaabs
09-25-2014, 06:55 PM
I've had one for a few weeks now. Arrived quickly, built-up easily, and has been a pleasure to ride so far. I bought the Rouleur model because I was looking for a bike that has the spring and compliance of old school titanium and can handle 28c tires. I don't need a super stiff frame and prefer a bike that I can ride for hours at a time without feeling beat up.

I don't have the fit dialed in yet (correct stem arrived this week) and the fork I'm using might not be the best for the frame (Cannondale Slice fork I had laying about), but so far I've found it comfy and stable. It climbs better than I thought it would and descends predictably. I haven't had the opportunity to use it on a fast club ride or duke it out in a field sprint yet, (not that old guys like me actually sprint anymore) but so far it's exceeded my expectations.

Charles M
09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
I have one of the Viale's...

It's the best value in Ti I've ever had. The thing kicks ass.

It's my commute bike and fitted with 28's and a suspension post and I find myself riding it more than just commuting.

UKBROOKLYN
09-25-2014, 09:57 PM
I was also looking at the R255 anyone tried that frame.. ??

wc1934
09-25-2014, 10:14 PM
The "new" pricing and a lifetime warranty make it very tempting. Any thoughts on who might be their direct competitors? Litespeed? Who else?

UKBROOKLYN
09-25-2014, 10:17 PM
It looks like the R255 and Litespeed T7 are very close..

tumbler
09-25-2014, 10:30 PM
I was also looking at the R255 anyone tried that frame.. ??

I recently built up a Peloton, which is the same geometry as the R255, but with slightly smaller diameter straight gauge tubing. I love it and plan to ride the hell out of it! It's probably the smoothest bike I've ever ridden. The combination of Ti frame, relaxed geometry, and 28c tires makes for a sweet ride.

Llewellyn
09-26-2014, 01:57 AM
I've got the Breakaway model. Great bike and terrific value for money. Go for it - don't let any Ti snobs put you off

malbecman
09-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Wow, on sale for $935! Pretty tempting for a Ti frame.....

oddsaabs
09-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Mine.

UKBROOKLYN
09-27-2014, 04:53 PM
I wonder about how whippy these bikes are with the small diameter tubes.. I currently have a Merlin XL (albeit too big for me) the tubes are 35mm top down and seat and it is stiff and light...

DarkStar
09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I wonder about how whippy these bikes are with the small diameter tubes.. I currently have a Merlin XL (albeit too big for me) the tubes are 35mm top down and seat and it is stiff and light...
Not at all whippy and I weight about 215lbs.