PDA

View Full Version : Mundane question, but lots of mundane answers here

bironi
03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Can anyone help me find some wide mouth, mid-size, soft plastic, with soft rubber stop water bottles. The only good ones I've found are from Moots (but out of stock) and Car-R-Coffins. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks much,
Mr Picky

Bill Bove
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Try Specialized. I think it's their "widemouth" or "bigmouth".

I think screw on type bottles are unsafe and only use the "pop off" type. When a screw off bottle drops in a pack and a front wheel hits it it can cause a crash, where as a pop off top will pop off and the bottle will crush under the front wheel. well that's been my experience anyway.

Kevin
03-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Take a look at the Zefal Magnum. It is a great bottle. Though it may be larger than what you are looking for.

Kevin

Ray
03-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Try Specialized. I think it's their "widemouth" or "bigmouth".

I think screw on type bottles are unsafe and only use the "pop off" type. When a screw off bottle drops in a pack and a front wheel hits it it can cause a crash, where as a pop off top will pop off and the bottle will crush under the front wheel. well that's been my experience anyway.
Wow, never woulda thought of that. I don't ride in packs that much so have never worried about it. I ONLY use screw-on wide mouth bottles because the pop tops have popped off enough times while I was trying to get a drink, showering me with Gatorade and leaving me without anything to drink. I guess I'll keep a couple of 'em around for the occasional group ride.

-Ray

bironi
03-12-2006, 12:57 AM
I always liked the screw-ons for the same reason, but Bill you make a good point.

Thanks