PDA

View Full Version : t.t. set up ?

Fixed
03-10-2006, 03:09 PM
bro here is what i thinking 7 mile t.t. I use my old bike with clip ons short head tube bars can go way down 8 speed d.t. shifters spinergy wheels . or standard crit bike ? cheers

Argos
03-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Not that it matters too much, but since you do not have the accelerations after constant braking like in a Crit, Use your old bike so that you do not have to worry about taking them off the C-Dale before the next race.

Either option is fine, but that's what I'd do. Plus once you get that freight train up to speed......

Good Luck!

Fixed
03-10-2006, 08:47 PM
bro here is my old work bike doin double duty as a t.t. bike I know.. it 's the best i could come up with .i do one or two a year .cheers :beer:

nobrakes
03-10-2006, 09:00 PM
That's great, Fixed. Good TT times mean more when the rider makes the the difference, not the machine.

Dr. Doofus
03-10-2006, 09:26 PM
back to the first bush administration

fly on it, butch!

Grant McLean
03-10-2006, 10:19 PM
bro that Canadian steel is going to fly.

but you need one of these....

jerk
03-10-2006, 10:35 PM
dude-

just promise the jerk you'll wear booties even if it's 90 degrees.

high-five.

jerk

Fixed
03-11-2006, 11:44 AM
bro my old bike put me in 8th place out of about 40 bro's my old bike she puts food on the table and takes me to 8th place ya gota love an old friend like that cheers :beer:
oh yeah first steel bike first non disk wheel first d.t. shifters
it's funny guys know my bike, they'll say hey bro i know that purple bike .
that is what i mean when i say it's got soul bro i.m.h.o. :beer: banzai
cheers I did wear dem booty's

Fixed
03-11-2006, 05:05 PM
bro i learned something today i like t.t. s i'm going to follow the advise of my fourm mate and train one or two days a week at it, any way you bros talked me into one group ride a week maybe i can train for the t.t. too cheers

Grant McLean
03-11-2006, 05:09 PM
bro here is my old work bike doin double duty as a t.t. bike I know.. it 's the best i could come up with .i do one or two a year .cheers :beer:

bro how did your miele end up in florida? Did it originally come from
a shop in Canada? Can't be too many of them down there.

-gee

Fixed
03-11-2006, 05:24 PM
bro thanks for asking ebay from canada took a few weeks to get with customs but worth it ,it was their top of the line road model in brand new shape .i was only riding fixed at the time and was going make it one .but i had some parts and decided to make it a geared bike .I'm glad i did, i have had a lot of bikes over the years and every once in a while you hit it off with a bike .for me it's not that often .
that must be what a custom bike feels like .hell i don't even have a fixie now .maybe i should change my name to gear head.
do you ever see them in canada still ?
no one has ever seen one around here except mine that i have meet but no one ever forgets that purple bike
my next bike? i am always looking for a deal on a csi but bro those are hard to find for low dough cheers :beer:

Grant McLean
03-11-2006, 05:44 PM
do you ever see them in canada still ?
no one has ever seen one around here except mine that i have meet but no ever forgets that purple bike .cheers. :beer:

bro
oh, ya! there are lots of them here, but not many nice ones. most were
late 80's frames with cheap lugs and lower shimano parts. There were
nice one's too, like yours, my old boss had a really nice one back in the day.

The company that runs RockyMountain bikes also owns the rights to Miele,
and they are bringing the brand back in Canada, because so many people
remember it. We sell the kids bikes in the shop where I work! They still
sell purple...

-gee

Grant McLean
03-11-2006, 05:50 PM