PDA

View Full Version : OT: Owls Head Transportation Museum

rounder
09-23-2014, 02:36 PM
I was in Maine last week and visited the Owls Head Transportation Museum in Rockland. If you ever go there you have to look for it because it is definitely not on the main drag. I had been to Rockland many times but this was my first time at the museum. The exhibits were cool. I would go back.

The main exhibits include cars, planes and motorcycles, and also some bicycles. The museum hosts special events sometimes including antique aeroplane rides and Model T rides. Last week they had a Porsche exhibit.

Some of the interesting things there included an airplane with wings made of feathers and a popcorn truck. The bikes included a 1981 Serotta track bike plus some other early one-speed models.

Lewis Moon
09-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Love that museum

roydyates
09-23-2014, 08:43 PM
one of my regular summer bike routes goes by there. I've been many times, but I never noticed the serotta before.

BTW Coordinating a visit with a summer auto/air show is very nice.

rounder
09-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Kelly Bedford told me that his brother works there. Maybe he had something to do with that.

Rockland is a large town for Maine, but it is still relatively small. I was impressed with how big the museum was and how much good stuff they had there.