PDA

View Full Version : Ibis Hakkalugi Disc ?

firerescuefin
09-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Shop I ordered the Niner RLT had problems fulfilling the order for the frame and fork. I finally told them "thanks but no thanks". Re-evaluating my options again. Everything is back on the table including taking the full custom plunge. Curious if anyone has experience with the Hakallugi disc. Geometry looks very friendly for a do it all/all weather/gravelbike.

TIA.

Geoff

crownjewelwl
09-22-2014, 09:10 AM
havent ridden, but my shop is a big ibis dealer so i've seen them up close and personal...nice looking rig...he sells a ton of them

i would have one, but no di2 wiring provisions and no fender mounts

slidey
09-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Woo-hoo! Now you're talking :banana:

I've had my eye on that bike for a pretty long while, but in the end when I had a chance for a CX bike I chose the Arc-X. I loved the bike - the handful of miles I rode on it (and ended up selling it, due to lack of use). I don't ride enough, much less CX to justify a purchase but if I had to go for a bike that's in production now - it'd be the Hakkalugi!

FGC
09-22-2014, 12:08 PM
I had one, with the purpose of racing it. The discs were overkill, unless I was riding in the woods for fun and the geometry was too slack. That said, for the use you're after, it'll probably be perfect. It's very stable and comfortable. It really is a great bike, just not right for my needs.

John H.
09-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Bb is high- lower bb is better off road.

John H.
09-22-2014, 12:17 PM
What is the biggest tire that you need room for?
40mm or more like 32-35?

firerescuefin
09-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Bb is high- lower bb is better off road.

BB drop is 70 on the disc. Don't see running much bigger than 35s

John H.
09-22-2014, 03:06 PM
My bad.
I think it is a lot of bike for the $.

eBAUMANN
09-22-2014, 03:46 PM
nice frame but the 71.5 HTA (size 53-61) kills it for me...
70 bb drop is not that high, at all. thats actually as low as you should really go for a cx frame IMO
chain stays are on the long side so i would think you could probably squeeze some pretty fat rubber in there, the fork should fit at least 40c WTB nano's (biggest I've put in my enve) no problem.