PDA

View Full Version : wednesday night blast

AngryScientist
09-18-2014, 06:11 AM
anyone else ride this week?

the weather is totally ideal this week for outdoor activities. rode last night, hope to get out tonight for a nice long walk with the kids and dog, hopefully a long ride over the weekend. lots of octoberfest beer mixed in. i love the fall.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-e-7W16DqVB8/VBq5syqp_yI/AAAAAAAAByc/Vn1sIMK9IF4/s1100/IMG_0231.JPG

Dired
09-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Beautiful! Indeed, its been a really great week for outdoor stuff. Was at bear a few weeks ago, also trying to schedule an oktoberfest ride on a weekday to avoid the crazy crowds. Looks like perfect weather on saturday for the escape ny ride.

sandyrs
09-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Had to be in Providence for work yesterday, so I brought my (Providence-built) bike and rode my favorite little road in New England.

http://photos-h.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/1723878_525358367598391_359860885_n.jpg

guido
09-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Getting chilly after work. Last night was my first ride with a wool jersey this season. CRW Century on sunday. New build I plan to ride is almost ready (yes it is cutting it close)...

Matsumae
09-18-2014, 09:38 AM
the weather this time of year is so nice. not too hot during the day, and then perfect sweater weather at night :D

bobswire
09-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Did a nice loop around the city, from my house to lake merced to fort funston to great hwy to GGpark up to the haight ashbury then 7th ave to laguna honda to portola to twin peaks then home. 20 + miles with enough climbing to give a good workout.
Unfortunately a video I was trying to capture was not working until the very end of the ride, for some reason most of the video was blank. Later I found out the button that turns the camera on and off was not centered in the case, I fixed it since then but this all the video I got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITHDWKQs18

tumbler
09-18-2014, 09:40 AM
This week has been great. Finally got my Lynskey assembled and have been doing night laps in the park to fine tune everything and dial in the fit. Last night was pure bliss. Looking forward to a longer ride this weekend, probably up to Piermont NY. Is anyone else doing the Twin Lights Ride (http://www.bikenewyork.org/ride/twin-lights-ride/) in NJ next Sunday?

thegunner
09-18-2014, 09:44 AM
you snuck to bear? damn, helluva wednesday night blast :p

MattTuck
09-18-2014, 09:44 AM
I worked from home this morning, and I'm about to head out for a quick 30 miles. then head in to the office for some afternoon meetings. :banana:

Idris Icabod
09-18-2014, 10:55 AM
In Tucson we were supposed to be boating after a predicted 8 inches of rain yesterday, turns out we hardly got any. My company closed at 3 as a precuation so I went home grabbed my mountain bike and had a pleasant 2 dry hours riding the desert trails.

merlinmurph
09-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Man the days have been nice.

Yesterday, my normally 25-30 mile lunchtime ride turned into 40-something. People at work didn't even miss me.

Dead Man
09-18-2014, 11:11 AM
8 inches of rain yesterday? Are you sure? One day??

It's been dank up here in the PNW. Light showers off and on, cooler but muggy.. steel skies. Got a short ride in at dusk yesterday... wife is trying to ease herself back into exercise after having our last baby, and totally bit into my ride time with a long walk around town. Oh well.... more important for her right now!

We'd been dry for like 45 days straight or sumsuch till this week.

Dead Man
09-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Man the days have been nice.

Yesterday, my normally 25-30 mile lunchtime ride turned into 40-something. People at work didn't even miss me.

"Anyone seen Merlin? It's 1:30 and he's still not back from... wait, did he even show up today?"

"Who?"

Idris Icabod
09-18-2014, 11:45 AM
8 inches of rain yesterday? Are you sure? One day??.

Tuesday nights news forecast had me convinced that we were all going to die. 8 inches was the highest prediction I saw that Odile could dump on us. We got more than 4" in a day last week causing the deaths of 2 people in washes. The weather forecasters on the news last night were rather defensive to say the least.