PDA

View Full Version : Ventana Alpino

christian
09-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Ventana Alpino, anyone have one? I'd be interested in a review.

Sort of on the fence between an Alpino, a 5010, or a Mojo 650B. The other two are obviously great bikes, but they don't have the Sherwood-designed, Robert Ives-welded, California awesomeness.

Thoughts?

pdmtong
09-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Ventana Alpino, anyone have one? I'd be interested in a review.

Sort of on the fence between an Alpino, a 5010, or a Mojo 650B. The other two are obviously great bikes, but they don't have the Sherwood-designed, Robert Ives-welded, California awesomeness.

Thoughts?

What? no east coast houses/builders?

its a religious war out here between the 5010 and the Mojo. Obvious bigger brands, more easily obtained.

Sherwood is a CNC genius. I picked up our first ECdM from him at the shop years ago. Place was like a mad scientist lair. he is a great guy, stands behind every bike he builds, they also have a trade in program. Anyone of those would deliver.

christian
09-17-2014, 05:00 PM
I want a 120mm 27.5 full squish. If I were getting a HT I'd go to Kris at 44, but for this I think these bikes seem like the ticket. Maybe a Pivot or Xprezo might do the trick. Xprezo are east coast/québécois.

I am sort of stoked by a Ventana but my LBS is a big SC/Ibis dealer too.

gdw
09-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Trivia. Get the Alpino if you ever plan on bikepacking. The shock is parallel to the seat tube which opens up the front triangle so that a decent sized frame pack can be mounted. The 5010 and Ibis have their shocks under the top tube which really cuts down on the usable space.

Kirk Pacenti
09-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Christian,

I don't have an Alpino, but did have a El Ciclon. I was very, very happy with it and more than a bit sorry I sold it.

Cheers,
KP

crownjewelwl
09-17-2014, 06:46 PM
You know where I stand...plastic is mo betta

christian
09-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Dear crownjewelwl,

I am interested in trying some Kitsbow AM shorts. Can you buy some and let me know how they are? :)

Christian

crownjewelwl
09-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Happy to report that they are great

Nice support for the bits with just enuf stretch

Make sure u run them on gentle with baby detergent