PDA

View Full Version : GPS Signal Lost

Dead Man
09-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Howdy

I had an iPhone 4 that I used for Strava until it become apparent the GPS receiver sucked so bad that I was getting robbed of large sections of my rides. I had some 60+ mile, 5000' rides that came out like 20 miles and 1500' type crap.... extremely aggravating, when you're trying to use Strava to track your training. My riding partners' non-iPhones have never been afflicted with this problem.. my main riding partner said he's never seen the "GPS Signal Lost" notification on his phone, even, let alone lost record.

I got a new iPhone 5c, supposedly has a new and improved GPS receiver.. I've had it out a few times, and... once again... I'm getting "GPS Signal Lost" notifications on basically all my rides. I haven't noticed it robbing me of much, but my bro's feet and distance still reads higher, farther, and faster than mine. He even gets faster times on climbs we start and finish side by side.

···??

Anybody else having these iPhone/Strava frustrations? Think I should make a warranty claim? Would they even acknowledge my claim, since it's a problem with a third-party app? Is there any way to test GPS receiver performance on a phone?

-B

Don49
09-16-2014, 03:35 PM
There's gotta be an app for that, maybe this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gps-status/id378085995?mt=8