PDA

View Full Version : Failing LED dyno light??

sjbraun
09-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Now that daylight arrives somewhat after my usual morning departure time, I've put my dyno hub wheel and Supernova E3 back into use on my commuter.
I noticed my light would cut out intermittently, so I checked my connections, sanded off any crud build up and crimped the female connectors to insure a tight connection and still no light. Or rather, at best, the hub produces just a small amount of light, less than the stand light function outputs when it worked. I've checked the hub, it seems to be producing power, so am thinking its the LED failing?

Anyone have other ideas? Is bulb replacement a user task or do I need to send my light to Peter Jon White?

Thanks

Steve- in the dark, again

cp43
09-16-2014, 09:06 AM
I doubt that it's the LED itself that's failing, but it could certainly be something else in the headlight unit. If you bought it from Peter White, it's probably worth giving him a call.

I don't think that the unit is user serviceable.

Please post an update when you figure this out. I have an E3 also, which I'll be hooking up again for the winter soon. So, I'm interested to find out how this goes.

Chris