PDA

View Full Version : Campy HB-RE124 tool

Veloo
09-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Don't think this is quite a classifieds inquiry.
Does anyone know where to get the tool to remove and install the press fit Campy HB-RE124 hub race?

oldpotatoe
09-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Don't think this is quite a classifieds inquiry.
Does anyone know where to get the tool to remove and install the press fit Campy HB-RE124 hub race?

United Bicycle Supply has the remover..I have always just used a wooden dowl to install..thin lube underneath...

http://www.unitedbicyclesupply.com/index.cgi?d=single&item_id=BR-CHT&c=Tools&sc=Hub_and_Axle&tc=Bearing_Tools

Alas, out of stock but...

Do you have a toasted cup?

Veloo
09-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Thanks OP.
It's the cone part that is actually in need of replacing but I thought if I ever get the whole kit then I'll have to replace the cups too. I can wait for the tool to be back in stock. For now I guess I'll just buy a cone. I like your idea with the dowel for pressing.

Does anyone know if the HB-RE022 fits the silver 10 speed hub? I saw somewhere that it is for 17mm axles but when I put the vernier to my axle, I only measured about 15.5 mm.

oldpotatoe
09-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Thanks OP.
It's the cone part that is actually in need of replacing but I thought if I ever get the whole kit then I'll have to replace the cups too. I can wait for the tool to be back in stock. For now I guess I'll just buy a cone. I like your idea with the dowel for pressing.

Does anyone know if the HB-RE022 fits the silver 10 speed hub? I saw somewhere that it is for 17mm axles but when I put the vernier to my axle, I only measured about 15.5 mm.

Yes it does, same cone since 1998/9..silver and black oversized aluminum axles, hubs..front or rear..same cone, same size bearings(5/32..15 a side in the fiber cage).