PDA

View Full Version : Cop Hits Cyclist; Arrest him while he's dying

brownm68
09-12-2014, 11:44 AM
This is a very unfortunate story:

http://www.newser.com/story/193757/cops-hit-cyclist-arrest-him-as-hes-dying-witnesses.html

ultraman6970
09-12-2014, 12:01 PM
The good about canada is that people is less driven by "race" because everybody lives (or try) under the same culture and by the same rules. That doesnt mean that the cops will go to jail but almost sure they will be at least fired.

THe rider screwed up, well that doesnt mean he had to be ran over twice and die. Hope his family is ok. :(

ps: dunno if anybody knows, but the cop to be testing includes a IQ and Psychological test?

sparky33
09-12-2014, 12:03 PM
This is a very unfortunate story:

http://www.newser.com/story/193757/cops-hit-cyclist-arrest-him-as-hes-dying-witnesses.html

That is disturbing.

vqdriver
09-12-2014, 12:04 PM
omg. that's horrible. all that for riding a bike the wrong way??? why would you arrest someone for that anyway? isn't that a verbal warning/citation type deal??

weaponsgrade
09-12-2014, 12:09 PM
That's awful.

p nut
09-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Wait, a cop chased down a guy and arrests him because he was going the wrong way on a one way street? Something's not adding up.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Well, at least they didn't shoot him when he was surrendering with his hands in the air.

Dead Man
09-12-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the issue was that the cyclist wasn't stopping - he would have been cited for going the wrong way, but fleeing from a police officer is generally a crime. You can arrest for that.

summilux
09-12-2014, 12:57 PM
The cops in Quebec are really horrible. At a street festival in Montreal two years ago I saw two cops tackle an old lady on a bicycle to the ground. Her crime? The sin of riding her beat up 3-speed through the festival. I watched as they stood her up, lectured her sternly and wrote her a ticket. A few years ago some Montreal police killed a homeless man who was rooting through some garbage bags. He did have a knife, but the officers also shot and killed a pedestrian who was unlucky enough to be nearby. We are not immune to police stupidity.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the issue was that the cyclist wasn't stopping - he would have been cited for going the wrong way, but fleeing from a police officer is generally a crime. You can arrest for that.

And then run him over twice if he resists? Sounds fair.

BTW, going down a one way street the wrong way is actually a pretty serious problem in NYC. Almost killed me a few times. So yeah, death penalty on the spot. That'll show 'em.

ntb1001
09-12-2014, 02:23 PM
The good about canada is that people is less driven by "race" because everybody lives (or try) under the same culture and by the same rules. That doesnt mean that the cops will go to jail but almost sure they will be at least fired.

THe rider screwed up, well that doesnt mean he had to be ran over twice and die. Hope his family is ok. :(

ps: dunno if anybody knows, but the cop to be testing includes a IQ and Psychological test?

Quebec isn't really like the rest of Canada. Actually it's like going to a different country. ..I feel li I e I need my passport ready when I go.

Saint Vitus
09-12-2014, 03:13 PM
And then run him over twice if he resists? Sounds fair.

BTW, going down a one way street the wrong way is actually a pretty serious problem in NYC. Almost killed me a few times. So yeah, death penalty on the spot. That'll show 'em.

Judge, jury and executioner all in one (death) car sounds like a plan when can we implement that here in the states?

BTW are there any other sources for this story?

fiamme red
09-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Judge, jury and executioner all in one (death) car sounds like a plan when can we implement that here in the states?

BTW are there any other sources for this story?http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/guy-blouin-id-d-as-cyclist-run-over-by-quebec-city-police-car-1.2755251

zap
09-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Huh?

To start, Quebec is very different and Toronto has to be one of the most diverse cities in the world.

It is terrible what happened to the cyclist in Quebec City.

Saint Vitus
09-12-2014, 05:43 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/guy-blouin-id-d-as-cyclist-run-over-by-quebec-city-police-car-1.2755251

Thank you, that's a more reliable source (as well as better written).

ultraman6970
09-12-2014, 07:10 PM
They need to fire them and send them to jail, if not... trade the car for bicycle patrol for the next 10 years, at least.