PDA

View Full Version : Ferriveloci

Netdewt
09-12-2014, 10:51 AM
I just learned of this builder. Has anyone seen one in person? They only do track frames, and they look quite nice to me.

I am pretty intrigued by track-only frame builders. It's a curiosity, and makes me want one. :banana:

http://www.ferriveloci.com/

http://www.ferriveloci.com/IMMAGINI/MODELLOB2/MODELLOB2.jpg
http://www.ferriveloci.com/IMMAGINI/MODELLOB4/MODELLOB-SUN.jpg
http://www.ferriveloci.com/IMMAGINI/MODELLOB3/MODELLOB3.jpg

sante pollastri
09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
It's a new brand without experience,their only aim seems to be the look of the frame.they also build some strange road frame with the rear brake under the bb shell.

round
09-13-2014, 10:32 AM
They are young guys who instead always be talking about something they do not know they have decided to try to build it, getting his hands dirty, studying, trying again and again. It is much easier to talk about something ( that you do not even know how you build) shooting sentence, from what kind of knowledge? ..... Italic envy.
try to do something, show us your talent, behind a keyboard is all very easy.
Does anyone know a brand born already with the whole experience?

buldogge
09-13-2014, 12:55 PM
If the master blacksmith can appreciate their efforts, then we all can!

...Well said, Mr. round.

I like to support the young builders, personally.

-Mark in St. Louis

They are young guys who instead always be talking about something they do not know they have decided to try to build it, getting his hands dirty, studying, trying again and again. It is much easier to talk about something ( that you do not even know how you build) shooting sentence, from what kind of knowledge? ..... Italic envy.

ultraman6970
09-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Interesting, classic italian track stuff... even MACK is providing them with the hubs.

sante pollastri
09-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Hahaha,the alto-atesin hate towards Italians....

dekindy
09-13-2014, 01:57 PM
If you want a track bike see Don Walker at Don Walker Cycles. Master bike builder and former track racer.

sante pollastri
09-13-2014, 02:19 PM
if you want a track bike see don walker at don walker cycles. Master bike builder and former track racer.

+1

oldpotatoe
09-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Hahaha,the alto-atesin hate towards Italians....

?
From their website-

Gianmaria Citron-"In 2012 he had the good fortune of participating in a workshop with Dario Pegoretti, where, for the first time, he undertook the construction of a steel frame. On the strength of valuable knowledge gained during the workshop, and fascinated by the stories and inspiration of Mario Camilotto, together with Paolo, he decided to start the Ferriveloci adventure."

numbskull
09-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Very cool stuff. They seem to "get it". More power to them.

As an aside, can anybody tell me what saddle is used on the first bike. Nice classic look. Thanks

buldogge
09-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Unicanitor (later Cinelli Unicanitor). It is a classic saddle…although it might be a re-issue/current production model.

-Mark in St. Louis

As an aside, can anybody tell me what saddle is used on the first bike. Nice classic look. Thanks

christian
09-14-2014, 08:50 AM
It's also a world-class ass hatchet.

jr59
09-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Nice looking web site.

Can they build you a nice/good riding frame? I have no idea, but they are trying to build what they love/like. For that I will not judge them as good or bad. In fact I would error on the good side because they have put themselves out there.

Am I going to buy one. Nope. But I will tip my hat to those who are starting a new bike building company.

thirdgenbird
09-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Someone has to support these new builders or it will eventually be the death of custom frames. If these ride as good as they look, I don't see why you shouldn't support them.

sante pollastri
09-14-2014, 02:43 PM
?
From their website-

Gianmaria Citron-"In 2012 he had the good fortune of participating in a workshop with Dario Pegoretti, where, for the first time, he undertook the construction of a steel frame. On the strength of valuable knowledge gained during the workshop, and fascinated by the stories and inspiration of Mario Camilotto, together with Paolo, he decided to start the Ferriveloci adventure."

A lot of experience.....

Netdewt
09-14-2014, 02:53 PM
A lot of experience.....

What have they done to get such a negative attitude? They know they are new and have offered up that information on their own website.

round
09-14-2014, 03:14 PM
definitely more than yours.

sante pollastri
09-14-2014, 06:35 PM
definitely more than yours.

me fate na pippa,let's translate;-)

rallizes
09-14-2014, 07:05 PM
What is Italian for 'don't feed the troll'?

sante pollastri
09-15-2014, 12:46 AM

be quiet,yankee(world troll).

oldpotatoe
09-15-2014, 06:08 AM

Non alimentare il troll

sante pollastri
09-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Non alimentare il troll

great!