PDA

View Full Version : Euro Asia Imports

Plum Hill
09-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know if they sell direct to the consumer?

Gummee
09-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I seriously doubt it.

...but call em in the AM and see

M

RedRider
09-10-2014, 08:56 PM
I don't know if they sell direct to consumers but please let us know if they do...

hummus_aquinas
09-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Ask for Johnny Honey Tunnel.

hummus_aquinas
09-10-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm serious.

ctam
09-10-2014, 09:32 PM
I called them about 2yrs ago and they told me I have to go through a dealer/LBS that has an account with them.

bcroslin
09-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Always wanted a bare knuckle. I don't know of any LBS that deals with them anymore.

RedRider
09-10-2014, 09:49 PM
We have an account with them...

beeatnik
09-10-2014, 10:04 PM

What if you say you own Mudfootz?

09-11-2014, 01:06 AM
Always wanted a bare knuckle. I don't know of any LBS that deals with them anymore.

Reach out to Bike Central in Portland, OR. They are a largely-track shop. They have a bunch of Bareknuckles in most sizes in stock already and they have a close relationship with EAI and can get anything from them as well.

EAI barely talks to private individuals. They only deal with limited numbers of established shops, and only brick-and-mortar ones. They are very particular.

Bike Central is first rate and can help you with anything you might need for the BN.

cat6
09-11-2014, 01:09 AM
No, they do not.

Plum Hill
09-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Thanks to all.
I emailed the LBS with a pricing request.
Euro Asia always demands a premium price on it's goodies. In this case, it's a Centaur silver alloy compact I'm looking at. I'm not holding my breath on the price; I may need smelling salts.

oldpotatoe
09-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Does anyone know if they sell direct to the consumer?

They do not....at least not when I sold my shop.

oldpotatoe
09-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Thanks to all.
I emailed the LBS with a pricing request.
Euro Asia always demands a premium price on it's goodies. In this case, it's a Centaur silver alloy compact I'm looking at. I'm not holding my breath on the price; I may need smelling salts.

Well then by all means search around and try to get a better/discounted price...ohh, nobody else has them? Well gotta 'pay to play'...

They are great having some really obscure stuff..need a Dynadrive pedal insert? How about DA AX brake pads....they discount nothing, blow nothing out so when you need a NOS C-Record Italian threaded BB...they are gonna have it..how about a Regina Oro 5s freewheel?? Yup...

I rankled more than a little when somebody wanted some old, NOS 'thing', EA had it..and when telling the $, with a normal 36-37% margin...the potential customer got all weak kneed..well then find it cheaper somewhere else...but often the call was 'i've been looking for weeks/months/years and you guys are the first.."" blah..

09-11-2014, 12:03 PM
They do have a warehouse as you head north out of LA that is simply mind boggling. You find things in there that you would never think could still exist. They don't list a lot of it in their catalog (which is basically just a CD for their store customers, and the store has to call them on each item to update availability and price anyway). When they find deals on things like DA 7400 pedal cleats they buy up a bunch and simply sit on them for years. You'd think they were a bunch of bike crazies who collected this stuff like Richard Sachs, but nope. Just some amazing inventory.

bcroslin
09-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Reach out to Bike Central in Portland, OR. They are a largely-track shop. They have a bunch of Bareknuckles in most sizes in stock already and they have a close relationship with EAI and can get anything from them as well.

EAI barely talks to private individuals. They only deal with limited numbers of established shops, and only brick-and-mortar ones. They are very particular.

Bike Central is first rate and can help you with anything you might need for the BN.

I should have been a little clearer - no LBS in my neck of the woods. My buddies fixed gear shop here in St Pete was probably the biggest seller of EAI stuff in the SE but he closed down in 2012.

sean
09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Any other shops local to you. It's not hard to open an account. I think they understand that their prices are high, so they don't get a ton of huge orders.

Man, if you saw the price sheet with some of the Wholesale prices, your jaw would drop, but they do have some stuff that is near impossible to find elsewhere.

tylerbick
09-11-2014, 01:55 PM

What does this get you?

I've dealt w/ them a handful of times in the last few years. Always helpful folks, ready and eager to run back to the warehouse to put eyes on this or that, better describe an items color or fulfill other PITA requests.

I'd love too see that stock room. I'd probably 1. Wet myself. 2. Go into cardiac arrest. Or 3. Chain myself to something and refuse to leave.

The pricing is sometimes frightening. If you thought those NOS guys on eBay charged a lot... But like O.P. said, if you're the only one with that part/bike/tool in the whole world, you should charge accordingly. Supply and demand, very clearly illustrated.

merckx
09-11-2014, 03:00 PM
If you have a store front, they will ship COD without an account unless that policy has changed.

09-12-2014, 10:46 PM
I should have been a little clearer - no LBS in my neck of the woods. My buddies fixed gear shop here in St Pete was probably the biggest seller of EAI stuff in the SE but he closed down in 2012.

I suggested Bike Central as a shop that has a very good relationship with EAI, is reasonably priced, very helpful and extremely technically proficient, and does lots of mail order. They can do whatever you need. No connection here -- just supporting a good local shop that does a lot for local racing in its town.

oldpotatoe
09-13-2014, 06:27 AM

Call Mike Kone at this place..they also do a lot of stuff with EAI..

http://www.renehersebicycles.com/