PDA

View Full Version : ebay question

sokyroadie
09-08-2014, 11:49 AM
OK,

I bought a set of wheels advertised as 650B when they arrived I thought they looked awfully small in diameter, upon checking they are 650C. The way ebay's policy reads (refund item price + original shipping) I am going to be out the return shipping - the seller refuses to pay for it.

Is this correct? Seems unfair since the seller is 100% at fault.

Thanks,
Jeff

Dead Man
09-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Have you contacted the seller? Policy is a last resort- odds are decent the seller will own their error.

Edit - I originally read that "if the seller refuses to pay," but I see now it looks like you say the seller HAS refused to pay. ?

You can always file a dispute.

zzy
09-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Start a dispute. Unless he agrees (which I doubt; shipping wheels is $$) you will have to wait 2 weeks to escalate the claim to have ebay give the final word. Plus the money will be frozen in the meantime. Ebay is VERY buyer-friendly.

ultraman6970
09-08-2014, 11:58 AM
If you file a dispute you will win it 4 sure. Ebay will take the funds off his account and done.

Just be sure to send the stuff with a tracking number and certified is possible, you want the box to arrive.

bargainguy
09-08-2014, 12:06 PM
I believe you file a SNAD - Significantly Not As Described - claim with ebay and let them take it from there. No need for you to get involved with further shenanigans from the seller if you don't want.

sokyroadie
09-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Have you contacted the seller? Policy is a last resort- odds are decent the seller will own their error.

Edit - I originally read that "if the seller refuses to pay," but I see now it looks like you say the seller HAS refused to pay. ?

You can always file a dispute.

He has agreed to refund the purchase price which included shipping, but refuses to pay for return shipping. I am not sure if I escalate it if ebay would agree that the seller pays for return shipping. Their policy appears to say as I noted - "refund purchase price + original shipping"

Thanks,
Jeff

bikser
09-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I had two back to back ebay issues with seller problems earlier this year. Really the ebay policy doesn't address return shipping. One the first item the seller sent me a shipping label, so I didn't haveto pay it. On the second item I just footed the bill. I was just happy to get my original amount back. Just call it a lesson learned.

SlackMan
09-08-2014, 12:33 PM
I got hosed in a similar fashion buying some river sandals for my son. They were advertised as size 4, but were actually a size 2. eBay told me I had to eat return shipping. I wish you better luck.

sitzmark
09-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Similar issue - purchased an OEM replacement stand for a large screen LCD TV so it could be transferred from wall mount. Needed a specific stand for a specific model. Photo and description depicted what I needed. Item shipped was not.

eBay found in my favor for the item and original shipping, but ruled I pay return ship. Seems to be a risk of doing business with eBay. Also the policy of many online retailers too, but more are waiving return fees to encourage buyers who are unsure of size/fit concerns.

kramnnim
09-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Really stupid to have to pay return shipping because of the sellers mistake. Paypal told me that they (Paypal) might pay for the return cost, but thankfully the seller took care of it.

oldpotatoe
09-08-2014, 01:48 PM
He has agreed to refund the purchase price which included shipping, but refuses to pay for return shipping. I am not sure if I escalate it if ebay would agree that the seller pays for return shipping. Their policy appears to say as I noted - "refund purchase price + original shipping"

Thanks,
Jeff

Escalate and note the gig on his feedback, unless he decides to pay for ship back. But as somebody mentioned, "significantly different than described"...it'll take some time but you'll get it..I'll bet. Yes, maybe UPS pack/ship also so he can't say you sent an empty box.

weaponsgrade
09-08-2014, 01:50 PM
I once got a set of bars from eBay where the seller listed the wrong size. I had to escalate to eBay to get the seller to accept the return, but eBay said they couldn't do anything about the return shipping. Eventually seller agreed to pay the return shipping b/c they probably didn't want me to leave negative feedback. Whatever you do, communicate through the eBay message system and be polite. The eBay service reps had access to all those messages and reviewed them in deciding the case.