PDA

View Full Version : Miche hubs ok?

ceolwulf
09-07-2014, 09:17 PM
The other thread about cassettes has me a tad concerned. I had sort of settled on using Miche "Racing Box" hubs for a new wheelset (paired with H Plus Son Archetypes). Itsa little hard to find Campy-compatible hubs at a Shimano 105ish price grade and these seemed like a good option. Anyone used them or know much about them? Wish Campy still offered Veloce hubs ...

http://www.miche.it/en/catalogo/catalogo-miche/mozzi/mozzi-racing-box

FlashUNC
09-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Yes. Had a set and I liked 'em a lot. You'll probably replace the skewers, but the hubs themselves are solid.

teleguy57
09-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Buy them with confidence. I have a set built up with TB-14s, and while they're a bit heavy they roll well and are solid performers. And the value ratio is high since they're relatively inexpensive.

OldPotatoe is a big fan, so if he says they're a good choice, you know they're a good choice.

ceolwulf
09-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Fair enough, thanks gentlemen, sticking to the script then.

ultraman6970
09-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Are good hubs, 6001 series bearings in case you want to upgrade to ceramic bearings and stuff.

StephenCL
09-08-2014, 01:17 AM
I have a set of NIB 28 hole miche racing box, sintesi hubs that I would be happy to sell you...just have not had the time to lace them up...PM me if interested...

Stephen

pavel
09-08-2014, 01:43 AM
I poopoo'd the cassettes in the other thread, yes.

That said, the hubs are great bang for the buck.

oldpotatoe
09-08-2014, 06:44 AM
The other thread about cassettes has me a tad concerned. I had sort of settled on using Miche "Racing Box" hubs for a new wheelset (paired with H Plus Son Archetypes). Itsa little hard to find Campy-compatible hubs at a Shimano 105ish price grade and these seemed like a good option. Anyone used them or know much about them? Wish Campy still offered Veloce hubs ...

http://www.miche.it/en/catalogo/catalogo-miche/mozzi/mozzi-racing-box

Nice hubs, just built a set for the Merckx..onto really nice NOS Mavic Monthlery rims..36h and tubular, of course.

R3awak3n
09-08-2014, 06:47 AM
It really is harder to find affordable campy hubs. I have considered these but also considered the bike hub store hubs. Anyone have experience with both?

leooooo
09-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Perfect for training wheelset.
Got a 28h hubset laced to kinlins.

Heavy as heck but bomb proof and cheap