PDA

View Full Version : spring has arrived

stevep
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
after a 2 1/2 hour ride this morning... my water bottle was not solid ice or even crushed ice!
must mean...was not below 32 degrees...
excellent

William
03-07-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't know if I would say it arrived, but I know what you mean. I didn't have icecicles hanging off my nose. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to some warmer temps. Did I hear 60 this weekend?

William

Argos
03-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Funny, I heard near 80 this weekend... :D

Climb01742
03-07-2006, 05:15 PM
after 90 minutes this morning -- 6:30 to 8 -- i wasn't frozen but i was cold. starting out, my fingertips were pretty tingly. winter has loosened its grip, but spring hasn't quite sprung. :rolleyes:

jerk
03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
paris-nice isn't even over yet. it ain't spring.

jerk

William
03-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Going to be heading out with a buddy this afternoon. It sounds soooo wrong.... I'm really looking forward to 45 - 50 degrees temps. :banana:

William

Dr. Doofus
03-08-2006, 06:04 AM
haven't used knee warmers in three weeks

sorry

Too Tall
03-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Execs and workerbees downtown showing edges of new tats' peaking out from collars and sleeves...must be spring.

Ray
03-08-2006, 06:25 AM
I don't know if I would say it arrived, but I know what you mean. I didn't have icecicles hanging off my nose. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to some warmer temps. Did I hear 60 this weekend?

William
70 around Philly they say. So, of course, I'm taking my daughter college shopping in the Seattle area where it's gonna be cold and wet. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I'll have a good time in Seattle but will be jonsing for the hometown weather.

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
03-08-2006, 06:34 AM
. . . is this Saturday at 10am. It looks like we just might have nice enough weather to not freeze your patootie off. My fingers are crossed! . . .

BBD

Kevan
03-08-2006, 06:42 AM
and the boys are talking century.

jeffg
03-08-2006, 07:08 AM
:crap: :crap: :crap:

OTOH, snow is lovely :banana:

mwos
03-08-2006, 08:48 AM
What difference a day makes. 70's yesterday, snow today. Yippee!

spiderlake
03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
In the 4+ years I lived in Hanau/Frankfurt, I can remember it snowing only a few times. I always hated winters in that region because it was always cold and rainy but when it did snow, it seldom stayed around for more than a couple of days. The running joke (year 'round) that the weather forecast was ALWAYS partly cloudy with a chance of rain.

:crap: :crap: :crap:

OTOH, snow is lovely :banana:

spiderlake
03-08-2006, 10:17 PM
It was 50 and sunny here in Grand Rapids and I sat in a conference room and slowly watched the daylight fade while people prattled on about RFID and its potential impact on access, identity and authentication...... gotta love those last minute "invites" to sit in on a meeting that starts at 4PM...... Supposed to be around 60 tomorrow but now the rain is pouring down.....

On the positive side, I'm picking up two demo bikes on Saturday (Giant Anthem and a Trance) as well as new shoes and pedals for the MTB!

Going to be heading out with a buddy this afternoon. It sounds soooo wrong.... I'm really looking forward to 45 - 50 degrees temps. :banana:

William

nobrakes
03-08-2006, 10:58 PM
It seems a little warmer outside, but the cold wind and sideways rain say otherwise. Snow forcast for tonight, through weekend. I just got back from Peru, where it is 95 and considered winter. Hard to make the adjustment.

Lincoln
03-09-2006, 12:22 AM
In the 4+ years I lived in Hanau/Frankfurt, I can remember it snowing only a few times. I always hated winters in that region because it was always cold and rainy but when it did snow, it seldom stayed around for more than a couple of days. The running joke (year 'round) that the weather forecast was ALWAYS partly cloudy with a chance of rain.

I used to spend a couple of weeks every winter just North of there in a town optimistically named Winterberg, we always jokingly called it Wasserberg, or when it was really raining Unterwasserberg.

jeffg
03-09-2006, 03:18 AM

We have been fortunate to have some great snow this winter, and there has been more snow in the Black Forest in places than in the Dolomites. To the people whining about the snow, I answer: "What, you want the snow to melt so it can be 40 and rain?"

I have to admit I do a lot of indoor riding due to work & family commitments, and also due to the fact that I almost exclusively hit the Feldberg when I ride outdoors, and it still look like winter up there

http://www.taunus-info.de/de/neues/webcam/

I take solace in the fact some of the best riding anywhere is less than two hours to the south!

William
03-09-2006, 04:28 AM
50 degrees and sunny for our ride yesterday. :banana: I kept my arm and leg warmers on and I just felt dang good out there.....better then I did at this time last season. :banana: Early season prep is paying off big time.

William

Too Tall
03-09-2006, 06:21 AM
(cough, sniffle) Dang I think I'm getting a cold...tommorrow ;)

nobrakes
03-09-2006, 01:05 PM
52 degrees out, and it is now snowing pretty hard. Hope it quits soon, I have to get to LBS to buy a new chain for my wife's bike. We're heading to Spain in May, and with our lack of fitness this year, she decided that a 12-27 would be an appropriate cassette option, rather than her usual 11-23. Our stationary trainers are getting us the bulk of our miles, this year.

Lincoln
03-09-2006, 01:38 PM
To the people whining about the snow, I answer: "What, you want the snow to melt so it can be 40 and rain?"

Amen, I grew up in VT and live in UT so I know about real, cold and snowy winters. The most unpleasant winters I've experienced were while going to school in Philly. Cold and rainy. Nasty. Give me a little colder and snowing please. (Actually it is DUMPING right now.)

nobrakes
03-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Amen, I grew up in VT and live in UT so I know about real, cold and snowy winters. The most unpleasant winters I've experienced were while going to school in Philly. Cold and rainy. Nasty. Give me a little colder and snowing please. (Actually it is DUMPING right now.)
....because people here don't know how to drive in it, and that's what I really dislike. It seldom snows here for any length of time, and is usually very short-lived, but the comotion that it causes with traffic is devastating. A 10 minute trip to the store can be dragged out to many hours due to the wrecks and general panic that sets in. I think I'll just wait until later on going to LBS for wife's new chain. Temps are now dropping to mid 30's, all in a few hours. If it freezes, all pandamonium will break out, and every SUV will be out on the road, got to get that pack of smokes, or 6-pack....very important reasons to be on the road in icy conditions.

rpm
03-09-2006, 04:56 PM
50 and sunny on the tundra this afternoon. I abandoned my desk at Enormous State University, grabbed my snappy handling bike, and took off. It was just an hour, but it was a joy. I feel sorry for those of you in the Sunbelt who ride in warmth all the time don't have the opportunity to experience the ecstasy of getting on the road again after endless months of dark gyms and doing the same old spin classes over and over again.

Er... on second thought I don't feel sorry for you.

PanTerra
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Just a jersey and shorts, 70s. yeah, its getting to be spring, because I have to deal with a 30+mph wind. :crap: :crap: