PDA

View Full Version : Paris-Nice!

Argos
03-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Holy Crap. That's all I'm saying.... Holy crap.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/mar06/parisnice06/?id=results/parisnice062

Fixed
03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
bro i'm pointin my hoods up cheers

sellsworth
03-07-2006, 11:59 AM
I think that Boonen is great, but that is one weak sprinting field in Paris-Nice this year. Check out the top 10 and you'll see what I mean. Most of the good sprinters are doing Tirreno-Adriatico this year. Pettachi has shown that he is a stronger sprinter than Boonen this year. I think that Boonen will rule P-R this year but the other Classics will be tougher for him. I don't think that he will ride away in Flanders like he did last year. It will be very exciting to see if he can.

93legendti
03-07-2006, 12:06 PM
"With the exception of Tom Boonen, who has once again chosen to race Paris-Nice, the world's top sprinters will be honing their form in the Italian stage race Tirreno-Adriatico, that starts on Wednesday, March 7. Three-time world champion and last year's winner, Oscar Freire, will front up in the Rabobank colours; Italian sprinting stallion Alessandro Petacchi will be there for Team Milram; and a somewhat bruised Robbie McEwen will be back in amongst it for Davitamon-Lotto.

Apart from these three fast finishers, the 200 rider field is also bristling with other talent: Quick.Step's Paolo Bettini and Filippo Pozzato, winners in 2004 and 2003; Milan-Turin winner and ex-world champion Igor Astarloa (Barloworld); last year's ProTour winner Danilo Di Luca and Liquigas-Bianchi teammate Franco Pellizotti; CSC's Tour star Ivan Basso and Stuart O'Grady; Andreas Klöden (T-Mobile); Gerolsteiner's Davide Rebellin; Credit Agricole sprinters Thor Hushovd and Jaan Kirsipuu; Discovery Channel's George Hincapie, Leif Hoste and Paolo Savoldelli; Bernhard Eisel (Française Des Jeux); Alessandro Ballan (Lampre-Fondital); and Liberty Seguros' Jörg Jaksche..."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/mar06/mar07news2

Argos
03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
It's still a win and Davis is no Punk.

Argos
03-07-2006, 12:20 PM
....And....

The other Big Sprinters are in T-A (heh-heh) cause they are:

Afraid of the cold!
Afraid of the Tom! :D

Superman wears Tom Boonen pajamas.

When you open a can of whoop-***, Tom Boonen jumps out.

Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Tom Boonen laughs at Superman for having a weakness. :beer:

sspielman
03-07-2006, 12:27 PM
When the roads start going up and down, Samuel Sanchez is going to serve notice and give a much needed win to Euskaltel. Julich is not going to play dead either, though...

Fixed
03-07-2006, 12:46 PM
bro professor jerk say's t.b.'s not a true sprinter he more of an all rounder who can go really fast and long cheers :beer:

Keith A
03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Like I said...he's on fire!

Headwinds
03-07-2006, 12:59 PM
bro professor jerk say's t.b.'s not a true sprinter he more of an all rounder who can go really fast and long cheers :beer:

I can't wait to see what the "all rounders" do on the hills... We have sereval Cat 1 climbs ahead. Last time I checked, Floyd and Bobbby could climb better than Tommy AND I think Stage 6 will or could shake the legs out of any sprinter....

But hey, Tom B. is a CAMPY rider, soooo more power to him!

R.

93legendti
03-07-2006, 01:05 PM
It's still a win and Davis is no Punk.

I agree a win is a win.

Headwinds
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
...Last time I checked, Floyd and Bobbby could climb better than Tommy AND I think Stage 6 will or could shake the legs out of any sprinter....

I just hope that Floyd does not blow up now. I think if he continues at this pace, he will either get fried before the Tour or he will get busted for doping.

Go Floyd!

Grant McLean
03-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow, he beat Schumacher! That's fast!

Results
1 Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick Step-Innergetic
2 Allan Davis (Aus) Liberty Seguros-Würth Team
3 Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Lampre-Fondital
4 Francisco Ventoso (Spa) Saunier Duval-Prodir
5 Simone Cadamuro (Ita) Team Milram
6 Mathew Hayman (Aus) Rabobank
7 Michael Schumacher (Ger) Gerolsteiner