PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Titanium Stem Info

mavic1010
09-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Can someone tell me what size bolt the Serotta Ti stem uses to clamp the handlebar?

Thanks.

MarkJ
09-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but here's the best info I've seen on them (from back when I was trying to figure out the torque spec for my own). http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=126333

If you are on a threadless, the front and back bolts appear to be the same. Mine are marked "F S A2-70", which I guess is a 304 stainless steel bolt with a 700 N/mm2 tensile strength. Note the product card pictured in that other post that says not to replace the bolt. Pretty sure that's because the wrong bolt will seize in the titanium or otherwise destroy your pretty piece of equipment.

If anybody has good pictures of the product card, or other info on the STS, I'd like to see it since mine came 2nd hand without the card.

Admiral Ackbar
09-03-2014, 09:42 AM
if you have the stem and need the bolt just mosey on down to home despot or your local hardware store and have a rummage thru the metric hardware and see which size threads into the stem. i imagine it will probably be an m5 or m6 x 10 or 15mm

David Kirk
09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
I recall using M6x20 stainless bolts on the early stems. It may have changed over time.

dave