PDA

View Full Version : Coolest bike at the show

TimD
03-16-2004, 07:19 AM
While chatting with the Gita rep at the Boston Bike Show and admiring the TimD replica Pegoretti Marcelo they had on display :) , I was asked what the coolest bike at the show was.

Tough question as there were many cool bikes. I hadn't seen many of them yet (including the choppers in the special choppers wing, bikes from Seven, and customs from Mooney) , but of the ones I had seen my pick was the Parlee custom carbon built up with D-A 10, carbon stem, post, and bars, and Reynolds carbon wheels.

The BLE, the aformentioned Marcelo and their booth mate Pinarello Dogma with full Record were right up there (although the paint scheme on the Dogma didn't really do it for me).

Serotta had quite a few on display, none of which were any cooler than my Legend Ti :) , 'cept maybe the CdA with the black and yellow flame paint job.

Deals were to be had, I came out with some Shimano R150 shoes for half price, and they were nearly giving Pearl Izumi stuff away.

No sign of The Jerk in the bar, even though it was after noon on Sunday... :beer: