PDA

View Full Version : Not buying any of it

Dr. Doofus
03-06-2006, 07:58 PM
thanks to the drunk for working doof up into a good rant

doof just doesn't get it

isn't buying it -- literally

tubulars? shorts? bikes? wheels? blah blah blah blah blah

once you get past the junk, who gives a rats?

doof says:

if it hurts so much you're going cross-eyed* no bike is pleasureable

if you enjoy the company** almost any bike is pleasureable

what tire/spoke/bar tape combination is best? crap. all crap. get a dog to talk to in silly voices. get your mind on somethin else.

please discuss

* cross-eyed: when yeehaw's buddy reid dropped the doof saturday...reid, remember who pushed you up that stupid hill the lap before...so when you're at work and doof walks in, reid...free clif bars, reid...free clif bars...or free lumps of squirrel shat with some nuts n raisins pressed in...free snacks for that good deed, young reid.... )

**doof enjoys his own company 'cause they're the only ones who reallly understand him...but josh simonds is pretty cool, too....

pdxmech13
03-06-2006, 09:52 PM
that was like the tide

smooth and sweet

William
03-07-2006, 04:27 AM
what tire/spoke/bar tape combination is best? crap. all crap. get a dog to talk to in silly voices. get your mind on somethin else.

You referring to me and the Basset????? :confused: BaaWooo! BaaWooo!!!

...but josh simonds is pretty cool, too....

I know that cat, and he IS cool. :cool:

William
Team Titan Master of Arms ;)

cs124
03-07-2006, 06:22 AM
...please discuss...

...but buying cool stuff and talking about it in places like this is harmless and delightfully pointless fun.

Too Tall
03-07-2006, 07:00 AM
Shucks.
BTW - As far as rants go it was a doosie....not third world syphllitic dictator-worthy but none the less worthy.

Dr. Doofus
03-07-2006, 07:51 AM
yes, cs124, they do

do you guys realize the responsibility of being the doof? the pressure to come up with dumber and more exaggerated and ironic, yet 100% true posts, day after day? Dofo means, geesh, if the guy who oulls the marionette strings actually made a non-artifice-driven post, it would shoot three years of hard work down the drain....

it doesn't help that the guy behind the curtain is, as yeehaw and too tall can attest, a high-strung, thin-skinned, nervous sort, who loves racing, but races all heart and no head, and is slowly figuring out that he'll never have the same license he had in 1990.... but then again, trying to get top 10 in a 4 race against strong kids* 22 years younger is more of a challenge than getting top 10 in a 3 race with 35 guys in it who had no clue how to train (ooohhhh....for the days when doof was younger and even stupider and thought those toeclip days results meant something).... anyway, the distrct rep will let him cat up after a few more pack finishes anyway.... so then he can be getting pasted by a better class of mediocrity....

* doof says his beardless boyz alder, andy, and reid will be winning 3 races at the end of the year...talent, youth, and good coaching from the old guy with the wire-rimmed glasses....

bostondrunk
03-07-2006, 09:26 AM
yes, cs124, they do

do you guys realize the responsibility of being the doof? the pressure to come up with dumber and more exaggerated and ironic, yet 100% true posts, day after day? ....

Do you realize the pressure of calling you out on those dumber posts?!?!?! that are 100% true??? Hmmmmmm....
So now you are saying you'll have an easier time in Cat3 compared to Cat4?

Too Tall
03-07-2006, 10:17 AM
BD - You me and Fodo enter some cat 4 races and really have something to talk about. Ofod will be the designated "Oh man it's too early to go" guy and you can be the "Bridge to the early attack that fails guy" and I'll be the "leads out the sprint and gets passed by 20 people guy" ;) Beers Beers Beers.

William
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM
BD - You me and Fodo enter some cat 4 races and really have something to talk about. Ofod will be the designated "Oh man it's too early to go" guy and you can be the "Bridge to the early attack that fails guy" and I'll be the "leads out the sprint and gets passed by 20 people guy" ;) Beers Beers Beers.

Oh, oh, oh!! Can I be the "races for the prime that isn't there" guy???? :confused:

William :beer:

bostondrunk
03-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Sounds like a plan. But I'm gonna be the 'save my energy' guy who wins the sprint at the end.

Dr. Doofus
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Do you realize the pressure of calling you out on those dumber posts?!?!?! that are 100% true??? Hmmmmmm....
So now you are saying you'll have an easier time in Cat3 compared to Cat4?

no -- instead of killing himself to stay with the first 15 guys, trying to make moves and get into moves, doof will just be killing himself to stay with the last 15 guys...but you know, its better to be killing yourself to hang in with the master's field or the 3's than to kill yourself trying to place in the 4s...at least in doof's view....on the charlotte rides the guys doof is trying to stay with in the 4s are as strong as the 3s anyway...so (I) guess what (I'm) saying is that doof will be happier being pack fodder back in cat 3 than trying to be a factor and coming up craps against kids who will upgrade on results (face it...most 3s upgrade on experience...doof only upgrade to 3 cause there was no 5 back when...)...better to serve in heaven, so to speak....

Climb01742
03-07-2006, 11:14 AM
doof, cckmp. (or to be accurate, "cckyp".)*

Dr. Doofus
03-07-2006, 11:33 AM
doof, cckmp. (or to be accurate, "cckyp".)*

can't be done...it would ruin the whole gestalt...dropping the weight(s) would ruin the fun