PDA

View Full Version : anybody heard from Colnagofan?

JimmyTango
08-30-2014, 08:56 PM
I paid him for a crankset over a week ago and haven't heard a peep from him since.

Mods, if this is not an appropriate place to for this thread please let me know.

Thanks!

ultraman6970
08-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Maybe he went for vacations or something?

Louis
08-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Maybe he went for vacations or something?

In that case, he should have told JT that he might be a bit late in shipping the part.

distanc3
08-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Check his PL account see I'd he logged in since?

buldogge
08-30-2014, 10:49 PM
No activity or posts for almost exactly a week…FWIW.

-Mark in St. Louis

JimmyTango
08-31-2014, 12:00 AM
Last I heard from him he confirmed receipt of the funds and that he would ship Friday or Saturday.

Now no responses to my pm's... Not really thinking he's being shady, just wanting to make sure all is A-OK.

cxboy
01-10-2015, 11:26 AM
How did this turn out, did he ship the item ?? I'm in for $285.00 with this guy for a recent frame purchase

JimmyTango
01-10-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry I didn't close this up when I got the cranks-- he had been away on a longish vacation and was unaware that the cranks had been returned to sender due to a fluke address snafu. Once we got back in touch they were sent straight away and showed up at my door two days later.

thwart
01-10-2015, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry I didn't close this up when I got the cranks-- he had been away on a longish vacation and was unaware that the cranks had been returned to sender due to a fluke address snafu. Once we got back in touch they were sent straight away and showed up at my door two days later.
May want to fix the title of the thread… the guy's had enough bad PR today. ;)

noonan1970
04-18-2015, 12:22 AM
Bought a wheelset from him a week ago and he is not responding. I see that he has been on a few times and is not answering my PM's or emails.

grawk
04-18-2015, 03:44 AM
It bought a 6800 mini group from him 2 weeks ago and got it in 2 days. Show some patience, he's reliable.

weisan
04-18-2015, 06:02 AM
I hsve pals who never communicated with me for 2-weeks straight right after the paypal was sent and I never bother to "chase" after them and then all of sudden the goods showed up at my door one fine day.

Yes, patience is key and understand that everyone's communication style is different. I do submit to you that there's a certain "acceptable norm" and protocol to be observed in transactions but I guess some followed it better than others, just like everything else.

The "record" for me is shipping a part out right the next day to a forum pal (which I will NEVER out his name, don't even ask) after both parties "agreed", without even waiting for the check to come in...and guess what, the check did not arrive until about a year later and at a lower amount than what was agreed up. The whole time this pal tried to avoid coming on the forum or making contact with me, I guess he was embarrassed or something. I already knew from the last couple of threads that he posted, it seems like he was in some kind of a financial or personal situation. So, I just kinda let it go and didn't go after him after a few un-returned PMs. I would check on him like a few months at a time, basically just asking how he's doing and no mentioning of "money or debt", no replies came back. I kept up with it for a year and one fine day, he responded back, apologizing for the disappearance and offering to make good on his payment which he did....a year later... don't give up on people so easily...and handle people's reputation with care just as you would expect others to do the same. I am not saying there's no such thing as an acceptable protocol, but again, we are dealing with people and just because of that, we can expect a variance. After all, it's just "stuff"...it's the people that matters.

jc031699
04-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Weisan
You are a man among boys.
I don't think I have the maturity to respond in such a zen way, but your actions and thoughts will serve as an example to me in the future.
Thanks for sharing!

bcroslin
04-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Things happen and people get busy, forget, etc. Case in point, I sold a camera lens on eBay recently and the buyer paid and then I totally forgot to ship. I've never done that before in all my years of selling stuff on the internet. I was walking past a table in my office and saw the box and suddenly had a terrible feeling I screwed up. I apologized to the buyer and shipped it the next day.

No one's perfect.

soulspinner
04-19-2015, 05:41 AM
I hsve pals who never communicated with me for 2-weeks straight right after the paypal was sent and I never bother to "chase" after them and then all of sudden the goods showed up at my door one fine day.

Yes, patience is key and understand that everyone's communication style is different. I do submit to you that there's a certain "acceptable norm" and protocol to be observed in transactions but I guess some followed it better than others, just like everything else.

The "record" for me is shipping a part out right the next day to a forum pal (which I will NEVER out his name, don't even ask) after both parties "agreed", without even waiting for the check to come in...and guess what, the check did not arrive until about a year later and at a lower amount than what was agreed up. The whole time this pal tried to avoid coming on the forum or making contact with me, I guess he was embarrassed or something. I already knew from the last couple of threads that he posted, it seems like he was in some kind of a financial or personal situation. So, I just kinda let it go and didn't go after him after a few un-returned PMs. I would check on him like a few months at a time, basically just asking how he's doing and no mentioning of "money or debt", no replies came back. I kept up with it for a year and one fine day, he responded back, apologizing for the disappearance and offering to make good on his payment which he did....a year later... don't give up on people so easily...and handle people's reputation with care just as you would expect others to do the same. I am not saying there's no such thing as an acceptable protocol, but again, we are dealing with people and just because of that, we can expect a variance. After all, it's just "stuff"...it's the people that matters.

World needs more like you.

weisan
04-19-2015, 05:48 AM
jc and soul pals, y'all too kind with your comments.

I am acutely aware of my own weaknesses and deficiencies, thus pushes me to be kind and understanding towards others as much as possible.

Shortsocks
04-19-2015, 08:35 PM
World needs more like you.

I don't. Weisan is a Prick. I once was on the side of the road in Austin I waved at him and he threw a Vegan Burrito at me. :)

Joking aside we do need more patience in this world. Some of us have more time ahead of us and some of us have more time behind.

I'm actually waiting on a payment at the moment....been over 24 hours and I'm not sweating it. I'm sure the buyer is busy....we are all cyclists and the LEAST we should do is be patient and Considerate of each other....even Pricks who throw Vegan Burritos at us. :banana:

We are a good bunch, regardless of politics and other crap. Civility is what keeps our Lefts safe.

josephr
04-19-2015, 09:36 PM
I don't. Weisan is a Prick. I once was on the side of the road in Austin I waved at him and he threw a Vegan Burrito at me. :)

Joking aside we do need more patience in this world. Some of us have more time ahead of us and some of us have more time behind.

I'm actually waiting on a payment at the moment....been over 24 hours and I'm not sweating it. I'm sure the buyer is busy....we are all cyclists and the LEAST we should do is be patient and Considerate of each other....even Pricks who throw Vegan Burritos at us. :banana:

We are a good bunch, regardless of politics and other crap. Civility is what keeps our Lefts safe.

that's an awesome freakin' idea...I'm gonna keep a vegan burrito in my jersey pocket for the next freakin' prick cyclist that doesn't freakin' wave! I'm gonna aim straight for the freakin' face!:banana:

Rouleur88
04-20-2015, 05:06 AM
Things happen and people get busy, forget, etc.

No one's perfect.

I'm not looking for perfection, in my 57 years I've yet to see perfection in the mirror. However, I am expecting a timely follow through with a transaction once my money has been paid.
I paid ColnagoFan for the Dura Ace Skewers he had listed at the beginning of April. The first pm's regarding purchasing were answered within minutes. After I paid for the Skewers on the 2nd of April, I did not receive an email confirming the shipment had been made, as promised.
I realize I'm about to go into a play by play description of my dealing with ColnagoFan and that isn't my intent. I was told he shipped the skewers before the 8th of April. Nothing ever showed up. Early last week I asked for a tracking number and the actual shipping date. I've been ignored ever since. Very frustrating to see someone had received and read my notes, posts on other subjects, but ignores my questions. I've been contacted by other Members that are currently having the same problem with purchases they made from ColnagoFan as well.
My mistake was not looking up feedback on ColnagoFan before I made the purchase. That is my responsibility, I'll own that mistake. ColnagoFan needs to take responsibility for his actions/inaction as well.

firerescuefin
04-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Weisan is awesome...We've ridden together and shared a meal. He is in person who he is here.

That being said, having the patience of Job and extending good will to all men should not be a requirement of purchasers or sellers on this forum.

Colnagofan has EARNED a reputation on here. He takes your money and doesn't communicate very well afterward. That's unacceptable. Let's not lose sight of that.

R3awak3n
04-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Come on, its not hard to send a pm telling someone you are going to ship late or that you are going on vacation. Takes 10 seconds and if you are doing business thorugh the forum then act professional. If you don't think you can because you forget or can't get online often then either don't sell your stuff or let people know on your original post.

Just because someone waited a year to get paid and is ok with that doesnt mean we all are, i am definitely not.

I sold a bunch of stuff a few months ago while I had a broken ankle and as soon as someone bought something from me I let them know about it. I still shipped everything on time but wanted to give the buyer a heads up.

93legendti
04-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Unless the buyer agrees before payment, seller should ship within 24 hrs of payment. That's my guiding rule. Communication shouldn't end once seller is paid.

texbike
04-20-2015, 09:18 AM
A question to the mods - Is it possible to block a forumite from posting in the classifieds? Maybe this would be the solution to address the forumites that are habitual offenders. A permanent ban or a temporary time-out might help curb some of the behavior.

Texbike

David Tollefson
04-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Patience. It'll happen. I recently bought from Colnagofan, and though it wasn't the fastest of transactions, it all came out right.

sitzmark
04-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Patience. It'll happen. I recently bought from Colnagofan, and though it wasn't the fastest of transactions, it all came out right.
Still not right. Delay is no big deal if expectations are set up front. Otherwise it's rude.

Shortsocks
04-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Weisan is awesome...We've ridden together and shared a meal. He is in person who he is here.

That being said, having the patience of Job and extending good will to all men should not be a requirement of purchasers or sellers on this forum.

Colnagofan has EARNED a reputation on here. He takes your money and doesn't communicate very well afterward. That's unacceptable. Let's not lose sight of that.

+1

Rescue is very right on this.

weisan
04-20-2015, 10:27 AM
I am totally okay with us putting peer pressure on ColnagoFan to put his Colnagos up for sale and donate the proceeds to our forum and Tom's family. :banana:

AngryScientist
04-20-2015, 10:32 AM
I have also put my moderator hat on and PM'd ColnagoFan, and urged him to check in on this thread and do the right thing. I hate to see this kind of stuff happen here, and hope he comes through. we will take appropriate action depending on the outcome.

Rouleur88
04-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Anyone else had better luck than me trying to reach ColnagoFan?

noonan1970
04-21-2015, 11:23 PM
today. He sent me a tracking number too.

LJohnny
04-21-2015, 11:26 PM
I for one would like to propose a change in user name to SPAM-o-fan. I am not thrilled to have the namesake Colnago associated to such poor behavior....😌
Good luck to all waiting on stuff to be shipped out.

Sent from my brain

JAllen
04-21-2015, 11:39 PM
I feel like I'm learning a valuable lesson here. I haven't bought or sold anything on the forum just yet. I'm taking notes...

joosttx
04-22-2015, 12:28 AM
Sad deal.

Louis
04-22-2015, 12:30 AM
How can a guy with such a bad rep continue to sell stuff here? :confused:

many_styles
04-22-2015, 01:21 AM
Still not right. Delay is no big deal if expectations are set up front. Otherwise it's rude.

Yup! Recently had a bad transaction with a "long time member". I had to always initiate communication with him about ETA on shipment. He would in turn would give unrealistic dates and miss them. Didn't set my expectations. I paid quickly, so I expect a reasonable ship date.

many_styles
04-22-2015, 01:21 AM
How can a guy with such a bad rep continue to sell stuff here? :confused:

Forum members should use their purchasing powers... By not.

Dave B
04-22-2015, 08:18 AM
There is a seller feedback thread that can help with making purchasing decisions.

Good place to voice displeasure with suspect sellers.

SoCalSteve
04-22-2015, 09:05 AM
There is a seller feedback thread that can help with making purchasing decisions.

Good place to voice displeasure with suspect sellers.

5 years ago when I set up that thread, I never once thought for a moment that it would have close to 3,000 postings and 200,000 views. Wow!

So happy it turned out the way it did and has become a great tool for everyone buying and selling on here.

Please continue to use it, search it and post positive and negative transactions.

Steve

PS: You can search within the thread so you do not have to go through all the postings looking for a specific Forumite.

ColnagoFan
04-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Thank you for all who have responded here. firerescuefin is right, reputations are earned. This forum is a unique oasis on the internet, small and tight-knit, and above all built on mutual trust.
I have sullied that trust. I have let things in my personal life spill over to impact the lives of others, and I cannot say how sorry I am. I will make no excuses, it's 100% on me if I can't juggle these things, and going dark was the icing on the cake. But I had to deal with some things.

I've reached out to everyone individually, and I hope made things as right as I can. At least done what I would have liked had our situations been reversed.

I want to say thank you to the great people of this site, the mods, and the kind forumite who went out of his way to send me a very kind note, one that was exactly what I'd needed at that time.

I will take a break from here for a while, from a bunch of things as I try to fix what I can in my personal life. I may lurk and enjoy the threads here, but as I said, reputations are earned, and I do want to fix mine, when it's time.

Please accept my sincere apologies, and please don't let this change people's opinion of this place. It truly is a great place, full of great people.

bking
04-22-2015, 11:42 AM
good for you, standing up here to be accounted for.
i hope you are able to work things out. there is a whole lot in life more important than most of the stuff that goes on here.
very best to you and hope you can refocus.

OtayBW
04-22-2015, 12:27 PM
... it's 100% on me if I can't juggle these things, and going dark was the icing on the cake. But I had to deal with some things.
As you know, this is a very accomodating place, and I doubt that anyone begrudges you in any way, shape, or form for the crap going on in your life or your response to them - however that may be. What I think can be most damaging, however - and yet also perhaps the easiest thing to 'fix' - is the business of 'going dark'. People tend to forgive/forget a lot of things, but now knowing what's happening can be tough to understand.

My $0.02. Good luck to you.

ColnagoFan
04-22-2015, 12:46 PM
As you know, this is a very accomodating place, and I doubt that anyone begrudges you in any way, shape, or form for the crap going on in your life or your response to them - however that may be. What I think can be most damaging, however - and yet also perhaps the easiest thing to 'fix' - is the business of 'going dark'. People tend to forgive/forget a lot of things, but now knowing what's happening can be tough to understand.

My $0.02. Good luck to you.

100% agree. Hindsight is 20/20 and things weren't handled properly.

ColnagoFan
04-22-2015, 12:47 PM
good for you, standing up here to be accounted for.
i hope you are able to work things out. there is a whole lot in life more important than most of the stuff that goes on here.
very best to you and hope you can refocus.

I'm an adult, and I'm responsible for my actions, or lack thereof.

Thanks for your note, I do appreciate it.