PDA

View Full Version : Can I Believe My Eyes??? . . .

BumbleBeeDave
03-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Man, HERE'S a switch! The UCI appealing AGAINST a doping sanction on behalf of the rider! Or am am i hallucinating or (gulp!) on DOPE??? . . .

BBD

From Velonews.com . . .

UCI to challenge doping case
The UCI Anti-Doping Commission announced it will challenge a doping case issued against track cyclist Barry Forde by the Barbados Cycling Union.

Forde, a world championship silver medalist in the keirin, was dropped from Barbados' Commonwealth Games cycling team this week after Forde tested for high levels of testosterone at a track event in October while competing in France.

Testosterone is produced naturally in the body and can be taken to treat medical problems, but elevated values can also trigger a positive doping test.

"Having studied the case, the UCI Anti-Doping Commission does not agree with the arguments raised by the Barbados Cycling Federation," a press release said. "Consequently, the International Cycling Union will lodge an appeal against this decision before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne."

Forde became the first cyclist from Barbados to win a world championship medal. At the 2003 Pan American Games, he was stripped of two gold medals after testing positive for ephedrine.

The Spider
03-04-2006, 10:40 PM
my first thought was "wow, I had no idea that they did that!"

could be the new motto:

UCI: protector of the peleton!