PDA

View Full Version : Love for Rapha- Lower Sale prices

BirkWinn
08-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Man I love Rapha! In my opinion and for my style Rapha makes the best cycling gear. Besides my love for their gear they have amazing customer service. I just purchased a few Jerseys that were on sale and just went back on to check out if anything else was added because I wanted to buy more. I noticed that 2 of the Jerseys I just bought are being offered at a better price. I called Rapha and the phone rang twice I spoke to one gentleman told him I saw my jerseys cheaper now and he looked up my order by email and then sent me a credit for the difference. Besides giving me the credit back it also comes with free shipping on my next order. I didn't ask for money back because I will buy more A+++++

jtolive
08-21-2014, 04:06 PM
One advantage of dealing with upper tier companies is typically outstanding customer service. I've also been impressed with any dealings I've had with them.

Free shipping - now that's a deal.

Hank Scorpio
08-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Dear Rapha,

Put the chartreuse gilet on sale.

Your pal,
James

Louis
08-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Je suis le dernier homme, je le resterai jusqu'au bout ! Je ne capitule pas !

(apologies to Eugène Ionesco)

Lewis Moon
08-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Je suis le dernier homme, je le resterai jusqu'au bout ! Je ne capitule pas !

(apologies to Eugène Ionesco)

Yep. (said in uniquely American hick accent)

Shortsocks
08-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Rapha should release forum specific coupon codes for forum members who are going broke replacing snapped chains. :eek:

ceolwulf
08-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Rapha's pricing should vary with the number of concurrently running Rapha threads. Extra discount when a Rapha vs. Assos thread is active!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bcroslin
08-21-2014, 06:24 PM
bring on the 2 mins of hate....

jimoots
08-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Once I made an order for about AU$800 (I was buying my own birthday present from family) about 12 hours before they dropped a 20% off coupon code. I cheekily asked if they'd honour the coupon even though I'd already purchased.

They refunded 20% and I got to keep the coupon code for another order.

Say what you will about Rapha but they know how to take care of their customers and are really good at creating advocates for the brand.

Hank Scorpio
08-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Does anyone else think the Fjallraven NO. 16 jacket is pretty cool?

Md3000
08-22-2014, 06:29 AM
I bought a 125 jersey, but a few days later it's 87,50. I'm gonna try my luck and call :)

oldpotatoe
08-22-2014, 06:39 AM
bring on the 2 mins of hate....

Just bought a pair of Assos bibs on sale...got 'em, wore 'em, disappointed...the Assos seem cheap by comparison, and the leg holes are HUGE..even tho I ain't small, these are big and gappy..poor, particularly when compared to Rapha..not even as good as lower end PI, Giordana, Curve, Descente..

last assos for me..seems sr(p)am-esque..name, make cheap, sell as the 'name'..

Black Dog
08-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Just bought a pair of Assos bibs on sale...got 'em, wore 'em, disappointed...the Assos seem cheap by comparison, and the leg holes are HUGE..even tho I ain't small, these are big and gappy..poor, particularly when compared to Rapha..not even as good as lower end PI, Giordana, Curve, Descente..

What pair of Assos bibs did you buy?

oldpotatoe
08-22-2014, 08:04 AM
What pair of Assos bibs did you buy?

$120 on sale ones. Yer gonna say, 'low end' but my biggest gripe are the leg holes....I'd have to have Lou Firigno thighs to fill these.

FlashUNC
08-22-2014, 08:23 AM

$120 on sale ones. Yer gonna say, 'low end' but my biggest gripe are the leg holes....I'd have to have Lou Firigno thighs to fill these.

That's not how my S5 Uno's fit at all. Possibly get the wrong size? Assos is admittedly weird on the sizing end.

But even Assos' cheap stuff is as good or better than any of my Rapha shorts. And their top of the line stuff is on another planet...

eippo1
08-22-2014, 08:43 AM

I find that the leg holes on the Assos are the only ones that actually fit my legs. and the chamois and fit are just bliss. Have never tried Rapha because I stopped when I found Assos.

Lovetoclimb
08-22-2014, 08:47 AM
I purchased 2 items from their sale that have since had a price reduction. Initially I thought I was SOL but having seen several facebook replies from Rapha to comments on their thread and now people's experiences via this post, I sent an email to their general address they posted. Hoping for a credit as I too will use that incentive to purchase more, likely bib-shorts!

justinrchan
08-22-2014, 08:58 AM
I wonder if Rapha will give credit for items that you purchased at a higher price during the sale but since lowered the price but the item is out of stock in the size you purchased. That is the boat I am in with the grey club jersey.

oldpotatoe
08-22-2014, 09:02 AM
That's not how my S5 Uno's fit at all. Possibly get the wrong size? Assos is admittedly weird on the sizing end.

But even Assos' cheap stuff is as good or better than any of my Rapha shorts. And their top of the line stuff is on another planet...

Nope, rest of bib fits great, length, shoulder strap length, girth, just the big happy leg holes, if I hike 'em up...maybe they haven't 'clicked in' yet.

Don't agree....have Rapha Classic, these by comparison seem like the crappola pirated out of China... From the Assos store so..

IMHO
Ymmv
WHOGAS
Diligas
Mfwic

Blah blah

iPaul
08-22-2014, 10:35 AM
I purchased 2 items from their sale that have since had a price reduction. Initially I thought I was SOL but having seen several facebook replies from Rapha to comments on their thread and now people's experiences via this post, I sent an email to their general address they posted. Hoping for a credit as I too will use that incentive to purchase more, likely bib-shorts!

Same for me. Sent email two days ago, still no response. May need to call.

BirkWinn
08-22-2014, 10:51 AM
I wonder if Rapha will give credit for items that you purchased at a higher price during the sale but since lowered the price but the item is out of stock in the size you purchased. That is the boat I am in with the grey club jersey.

They should. I had a similar issue with an item before and they did give me a credit. I have the grey one and just received the Burgundy one and wasn't sure about it until it arrived and it's a keeper.

bking
08-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Great CS. Fell some time ago in pro bibs. Got the raspberry at the hip and the hole in the bibs to go with it. Sent them to Rapha for the FREE repair. Got them back with the hole professionally repaired, and they even threw them in a musette bag to boot.
very happy customer.

And on the Asso leg hole sizes. i see the same thing. Ive got a pair of their bibs i purchased 6 or 8 years ago and they fit. Tried some on this year and not even close. My legs are a bit thin, but not enemic.

justinrchan
08-22-2014, 08:20 PM
They should. I had a similar issue with an item before and they did give me a credit. I have the grey one and just received the Burgundy one and wasn't sure about it until it arrived and it's a keeper.

Called Rapha and they credited my credit for the difference. Excellent service!!
Its like buying from Nordstrom - you may pay more but they will take care of you.

Black Dog
08-22-2014, 09:28 PM

If they were from the factory outlet they were an old model that they kept in production for the outlet. The current s7 and previous s5 generation stuff will not have big leg holes. I picked up my 1st pair this year and they are the best bibs I have ever tried.

Black Dog
08-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Nope, rest of bib fits great, length, shoulder strap length, girth, just the big happy leg holes, if I hike 'em up...maybe they haven't 'clicked in' yet.

Don't agree....have Rapha Classic, these by comparison seem like the crappola pirated out of China... From the Assos store so..

IMHO
Ymmv
WHOGAS
Diligas
Mfwic

Blah blah

Too bad. Send them up to me if they are a size large. I will see if my thighs will rattle around in the leg holes. 😉

Lovetoclimb
08-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Same for me. Sent email two days ago, still no response. May need to call.

Got the email confirmation today, took 2 days via the USA email address but only one via the general enquiries address.

oldpotatoe
08-23-2014, 06:37 AM
Too bad. Send them up to me if they are a size large. I will see if my thighs will rattle around in the leg holes. 😉

XL, but sure, I'll sell 'em to ya..

Black Dog
08-23-2014, 05:16 PM
XL, but sure, I'll sell 'em to ya..

Too big for me, or I would take you up on that. You are not petit, did you fit snug in the ejection seat? ;).

iPaul
08-23-2014, 05:28 PM

Yep..they came through. Great customer service. Not ashamed to say I'm a happy customer

jtolive
08-23-2014, 05:37 PM

FWIW - My Assos bibs fit like that too till on I'm on the bike. Then the legs fit just fine.