PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Fierte Steel opinions?

BeeTL
03-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm new here, bit post frequently over at www.bikeforums.net.

I'm looking at a 2005 Arancio steel Fierte. It appears to be the frame with geometry that is best suited to my needs.

The steel Fiertes seem to be at least a little uncommon, but what I've read is encouraging.

Does anyone have any specific observations about this frame, particularly in a 50 cm?

davids
03-04-2006, 07:48 PM
You shoulda been here last week:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=778

93legendti
03-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm new here, bit post frequently over at www.bikeforums.net.

I'm looking at a 2005 Arancio steel Fierte. It appears to be the frame with geometry that is best suited to my needs.

The steel Fiertes seem to be at least a little uncommon, but what I've read is encouraging.

Does anyone have any specific observations about this frame, particularly in a 50 cm?

Mine is a 50. It is a nice bike: corners well, stable and comfortable. I have a Legend, Ottrott and DKS, so it is not my first choice to ride. I have it set up as a single speed. If you are local you can come try it out.

BeeTL
03-05-2006, 03:38 PM
You shoulda been here last week:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=778
You know...I saw that thread but I noticed it was posted in January of 2004. I didn't notice there were more recent replys.

I wasn't sure if the frames had changed at all since 2003-2004.

Thanks!

BeeTL
03-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Mine is a 50. It is a nice bike: corners well, stable and comfortable. I have a Legend, Ottrott and DKS, so it is not my first choice to ride. I have it set up as a single speed. If you are local you can come try it out.
Thanks...that's a generous offer! I'm in Tampa Bay and my local Serotta dealer is good about demo rides with in-stock bikes. They have a 50cm but no 52cm. I think I could ride either, but am biased towards the 50.

I'm 5'7" with a 78cm inseam. Short legs and short arms. I have carpal tunnel isues, so the upright geometry with a shortr top tube works well for me.

It sounds like the steel Fiertes are an excellent value as long as they are fitted properly. My LBS has a great fitter, so that won't be a problem.

FierteTi52
03-05-2006, 04:23 PM
They have a 50cm but no 52cm. I think I could ride either, but am biased towards the 50.

I'm 5'7" with a 78cm inseam. Short legs and short arms. I have carpal tunnel isues, so the upright geometry with a shortr top tube works well for me.

I'm built close to your measurments and I ride a 52cm Fierte Ti. They are very nice bikes but they tend to run on the shorter side in front center and TT length. I needed a stem 1cm longer than my other bikes for a proper fit. I would lean towards the 52cm, but of course your fitter will help you decide.
Good luck,
Jeff

Fixed
03-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks...that's a generous offer! I'm in Tampa Bay and my local Serotta dealer is good about demo rides with in-stock bikes. They have a 50cm but no 52cm. I think I could ride either, but am biased towards the 50.

It sounds like the steel Fiertes are an excellent value as long as they are fitted properly. My LBS has a great fitter, so that won't be a problem.
bro c.w.d.? tony is not there any longer .cheers :beer:

93legendti
03-05-2006, 05:49 PM
...I needed a stem 1cm longer than my other bikes for a proper fit...Good luck,
Jeff

Me too!

Fixed
03-05-2006, 07:21 PM
bro I really liked my fierte but wished it had been a reg standard road bike design . I would still have it if it had been i.m.h.o. .cheers :beer:
someday a used csi will come up cheers :beer:

spiderlake
03-06-2006, 11:38 AM
52s compact geometry here (less top tube and more slope)..... My Fierte is the best bike I've ever owned and I couldn't be happier. I graduated from a Trek 1000 so I can't make any comparisons to other bikes in this range or higher...... My only regret is that I didn't go with the orange!

BeeTL
03-14-2006, 10:11 PM
bro c.w.d.? tony is not there any longer .cheers :beer:
Yup. Chainwheel Drive Palm Harbor. I had a fitting with Tony in Clearwater just before he left. Brian in Palm Harbor is their "A" fitter now, and he concurred with Tony's recommendation of a 51cm Top Tube.

That means a 50cm Fierte (52s would work as well). They have one in stock in Arancio with Ultegra 10.

I pick it up this week!

:banana:

Fixed
03-15-2006, 05:35 AM
bro that's great i.m.h.o. you will be happy with the bike and the shop .cheers :beer: