PDA

View Full Version : D2R2 freebie

majorpat
08-19-2014, 10:06 AM
OK, I know it is late in the game for this but maybe someone from the forum can benefit. I had signed up for the 160K D2R2 this weekend but subsequently got ordered to Germany for a couple months so I won't be able to ride this weekend. I emailed but got no response from the organizers about donating my registration. I'd like to offer it to a fellow forumite if anyone wants to do the ride and hasn't signed up. I hear you can do whatever distance you want so don't sweat the 160k. It includes camping and a t shirt (maybe you can send me the shirt). Please PM me if interested, I am bummed not to be able to ride and meet some of you, but somebody take advantage of it. Pretty sure you can just say you're me but maybe someone with connections to the organizers can help facilitate this.
Pat

majorpat
08-19-2014, 10:35 AM
My registration is spoken for, thanks for reading. Does anyone with D2R2 experience know if he can just show up with my confirmation number and be allowed to use my paid registration? Thanks.
Pat

R3awak3n
08-19-2014, 10:37 AM
somebody just sold one through the classifieds a couple of weeks ago. I believe they had to message the organizers and they took care of it. I bet they are kinda slammed right now and why haven't answered you.

Peter P.
08-19-2014, 07:16 PM
somebody just sold one through the classifieds a couple of weeks ago. I believe they had to message the organizers and they took care of it. I bet they are kinda slammed right now and why haven't answered you.

I'm the person who sold their registration. It worked like a charm for me. What I did was told D2R2 registration that buyer "X" would be contacting them via e-mail. They would add a code word in their e-mail to confirm they were legitimate. Done.

I agree with your "kinda slammed" theory.

They don't even check ID's at registration. Just give them majorpat's name.