PDA

View Full Version : First real ride on my new Serotta

swalburn
03-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I went out for my first real ride on my new Serotta today. As I've previously posted I picked up a Fierte with a sierra nevada paint scheme in very late December, and I have been sentenced to roller duty since then. However, things are starting to brighten up here in Michigan. It is March, and it is actually sunny and calm. The temp was only 28 when I went out, but it wasn't too bad. The bright sunshine is good for the psyche. Anyways, I was very bundled up, and the ride was pretty enjoyable. I only rode 12 miles, because I play in Mens basketball league and have a game today at 3:00 (I know my priorities are all screwed up).

My impressions of the bike were very very favorable. I'm coming from an allez pro, and the Serotta definitely felt smoother. I had a lot of clothes on including bibs and winter gloves, so I can't tell how much is actually the bike or all the extra clothes I was packing.

Second, the bike is very stable, but not sluggish at all. It really shocked me how balanced the bike felt. I felt I like the bike would protect me if I got a little goofy or did something stupid, which I often do.

Finally, the best thing about the bike was how stiff the the damn thing was. I was so impressed. I couldn't flex the allez pro, and I sure as hell couldn't flex the serotta. I touched the pedals and it just went. I spent most of the ride finding hills and powering up them, because I was sure it would flex or something. The bike just accelerated so much better than I expected. I was very very pleased with this area of the bike because I was so concerned before I purchased it. I even posted a thread prior asking if I was to big for the bike. Everyone here assured me that the bike would be fine, and you were right. Anyways, I still have a lot more riding to do, but those are the initial impressions. I'm still shocked at how well that bike went up hills. It really amazed me.

Thanks for listening.

David Kirk
03-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Enjoy!

Dave

davids
03-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your impressions. So glad to hear you're happy!

Serotta's climb wonderfully! It's probably the quality that impresses me the most (out of all their impressive qualities!) I think the responsiveness to the rider's pedal stroke and climbing ability are related. Whatever, it makes the bikes feel light and quick...

Enjoy!

FierteTi52
03-04-2006, 04:13 PM
The Fierte will provide you with plenty of performance for a great price! Enjoy your new bike! I'm still wondering how a Fierte ended up with a Sierra Nevada paint job.
Jeff

Fixed
03-04-2006, 04:45 PM
bro if it's got serotta on it it's good i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Skrawny
03-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I went from an Allez Sport to a Serotta. When I first stomped on the pedals I felt the bike was going to fly out from under me. :D
-s