PDA

View Full Version : Momentous Occasion Alert

Lewis Moon
08-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Out of the desert and into the 'burbs. We just had our offer accepted for a nice little house in Tempe, AZ. Close to everything (including South Mountain) and in a nice, Bohemian college neighborhood.
We're losing the sound of coyotes and owls at night, and the view of the Superstition Mountains during the day....but we're also losing toothless Apache Junction hicks (think: "Deliverance"), a solid hour of car commuting every day, being engulfed by retired and entitled Canadians every winter (the worst!) and complete isolation from humanity.
When we move in I'll see if I can round up some Paceline locals for a ride.

zmudshark
08-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Sam, what cross streets? I have a good friend who is an avid bike collector that lives in a 'Bohemian' neighborhood in Tempe. You are now a short ride from PV and N. Snottsdale.

See if you can hold AZriders wheel ;)

MattTuck
08-18-2014, 02:53 PM
congrats. When are you moving?

I'm busy that day, so won't be able to help you move unfortunately ;)

Lewis Moon
08-18-2014, 02:54 PM
McClintock and Southern. In the "Myer Park" neighborhood. Houses built in the '60s, decent sized yards, close to everything.

rab
08-19-2014, 12:49 AM
At first I wondered if you weren't moving close to Hipster Compton...this sounds much better. Congratulations!
Definitely closer to South Mountain, now if they can only get the roads cleared!

Anarchist
08-19-2014, 01:03 AM
Out of the desert and into the 'burbs. We just had our offer accepted for a nice little house in Tempe, AZ. Close to everything (including South Mountain) and in a nice, Bohemian college neighborhood.
We're losing the sound of coyotes and owls at night, and the view of the Superstition Mountains during the day....but we're also losing toothless Apache Junction hicks (think: "Deliverance"), a solid hour of car commuting every day, being engulfed by retired and entitled Canadians every winter (the worst!) and complete isolation from humanity.
When we move in I'll see if I can round up some Paceline locals for a ride.

On behalf of all Canadians .. We love you too.

Cretin.