PDA

View Full Version : PSA if into nice Cannodale's

cnighbor1
08-17-2014, 05:58 PM
PSA Cannondale Suntour Superbe Pro 60cm - $595 Danville CA at the California Pedaler

A shop owner friend has this in trade. I went by today and looked at it. It appears to have been ridden very low miles. and it has some nice Suntour Superbe Pro components.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bid/4615461758.html
''For sale is and extremely rare find, a 60cm Cannondale road bike with a pristine group of rare vintage Suntour Superbe Pro parts on it. The overall condition of this bike is just stunning!

The frame measures 60cm center to center and is factory tagged as such. The top tube is shorter measuring at about 57cm, so this would be a pretty good fit for some one right around 6' tall. The stand over height is about 33". There is not a scratch on this beautiful black paint job!

The parts group: Suntour Superbe Pro-Shift levers (in gold), Derailleur's, Crankset, Pedals, Headset, and Seat post. The rims are Mavic MA40 clinchers. Black Nitto bars and stem. And lastly the brakes are Dia Compe Royal Gran Comp (one lever has one scratch). Parts look NOS except for the one brake lever.

This bike would make a worthy addition to anyone's vintage collection or make a great place to start.

No disappointments on this bike, and it is priced extremely reasonable at $595

See at the:
John Knowes
California Pedaler
495 Hartz Ave
Danville, Ca
925-820-0345 ''

Call and we will put a 2 hour "on hold" tag on it for you

oliver1850
08-18-2014, 12:57 PM
I believe that's a 1986 SR800. The catalog shows it in coral but ebony was the other color option and the spec looks right. I've never seen the gold SPro stuff, only the Sprint parts that came on later Black Lightnings. I'd love to have it but $600 + shipping is a bit more than I'd pay for it.

cnighbor1
08-18-2014, 04:16 PM
I believe that's a 1986 SR800. The catalog shows it in coral but ebony was the other color option and the spec looks right. I've never seen the gold SPro stuff, only the Sprint parts that came on later Black Lightnings. I'd love to have it but $600 + shipping is a bit more than I'd pay for it.

call john and offer less
he gets them for trade in on new bicycle worth over $3500 so he should be willing to deal has there is the big profit on the new bike
but I would be the one doing the shipping My guess for that cost $75 CONUS