PDA

View Full Version : Should compression shorts compress the boys?

MattTuck
08-17-2014, 05:52 PM
I picked up a pair of Giordana Silverline bibs (they have a compression spandex) and rode with them for the first time today.

The compression actually felt ok around my legs, but there was also a compression of the boys/junk. Trying to figure out if that is normal for this type of design/style or if I need to move up a size. The rest of the bibs felt fine.

Cicli
08-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Depends. Does it hurt?

The shorts should be supportive and comfortable. They should not make you feel like your eyes are going to pop out. :eek:

Louis
08-17-2014, 06:12 PM
I picked up a pair of Giordana Silverline bibs (they have a compression spandex) and rode with them for the first time today.

The compression actually felt ok around my legs, but there was also a compression of the boys/junk. Trying to figure out if that is normal for this type of design/style or if I need to move up a size. The rest of the bibs felt fine.

Show-off ;)

OtayBW
08-17-2014, 06:16 PM
After 4-6 hours on the saddle, the last thing I want is any compression there. I usually wear Gore bibs which give moderate compression around the quads/hams, but plenty of ballroom at the dance. I'd look into sizing up.