PDA

View Full Version : sightseeing on beach rd

cs124
03-04-2006, 03:08 AM
so i meet the lads this morning at the coffee shop and we've all got the CBFs...the planned lumpy 120km yarra glen ramble gets the flick and we decide to join the newbies and poseurs on beach rd for a flat but reasonably scenic 120km along the coast.

the hardware you see out along this route normally falls into 2 categories
1. Store bought generica eg Trek, Giant et al
or
2. Big $$$ uber bikes that get ridden to be seen, if you know what I mean
(but hey, it's cool...at least they are riding)

but today i saw several rare treats...in no patricular order...

Tommasini Titanium, Columbus steel fork, DA10, mavic tubs on DT240s...cool french dude rode with us for a while.

Legend ST, Record, Ks. I'm sure it was "The Russian" from American Flyers

Moots VaMoots. Didn't see details, he went by very quickly at the head of an oh-so-serious looking paceline.

Ciombola, fillet brazed steel in a beautiful Supercorsa red. These bikes are built by Wayne Roberts, father of CSC rider Luke Roberts and are simply superb. They were always fairly rare, now even more so as I hear that Wayne has hung up the torch.

Teschner Race Pro, scandium, DA10. Cool paintjob...super shiny gloss black with white outline lettering.

Of couse there was the other kind of sightseeing you get by the beach on 30 degC days...but you can use your imagination there...

The Spider
03-04-2006, 10:59 PM
I can attest that there is neither of these viewable subjects in Gembrook on Saturday or Mt Dandenong on Sunday.

Argos
03-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Heh heh heh, cool. Aussies are cool....

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/05_0322.pdf