PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Tri Bars

TimS
08-16-2014, 11:33 AM
I am going to sound like a dope but here is goes. My tri bars are two parts, the bull horn brakes and the 2 gear bars out front. The forward bars stay stationary as long as they are tightened against a ?? (i have used the word shiv, but cant come up with anything.) They are two thick plastic pieces that take the torque and keep the bars from moving. Without one you cant get bars to stay snug and tight.

Question, what are they called and where can I find them?

Tim

oldpotatoe
08-16-2014, 12:08 PM
I am going to sound like a dope but here is goes. My tri bars are two parts, the bull horn brakes and the 2 gear bars out front. The forward bars stay stationary as long as they are tightened against a ?? (i have used the word shiv, but cant come up with anything.) They are two thick plastic pieces that take the torque and keep the bars from moving. Without one you cant get bars to stay snug and tight.

Tim

Shims and from the handlebar manufacturer...either direct or via a LBS.

RobJ
08-16-2014, 07:20 PM
The base bar (or bullhorns) attach to the bike via a standard stem. The aero bars (or extensions) with shifters attach to the base bar with a set of mounts. Is this what you are referring to?

Tim

TimS
08-17-2014, 12:55 PM
That is exactly correct. To keep those bars tight they have to have shims.