PDA

View Full Version : Vicious cycles contact

d_douglas
08-16-2014, 10:42 AM
I own an old Vicious Cycles frame that I bought here last year and am planning to repaint it. I contacted Carl from Vicious about paint/decals/headbadge and he replied promptly earlier this year.

I elected to have the bike painted locally due to distance/cost and he was fine with that, saying that he'd be happy to send the decals, but now has fallen silent.

Does anybody know him and or know whether he is around and working? Is he OK? IS there a better way to contact him? I have left a few voice messages and sent a few emails to ask about sending payment and no reply. I know it's a minor request that yields very little to him, but it seems weird that he hasn't replied.

Thanks for any advice!

oldpotatoe
08-16-2014, 02:13 PM
I own an old Vicious Cycles frame that I bought here last year and am planning to repaint it. I contacted Carl from Vicious about paint/decals/headbadge and he replied promptly earlier this year.

I elected to have the bike painted locally due to distance/cost and he was fine with that, saying that he'd be happy to send the decals, but now has fallen silent.

Does anybody know him and or know whether he is around and working? Is he OK? IS there a better way to contact him? I have left a few voice messages and sent a few emails to ask about sending payment and no reply. I know it's a minor request that yields very little to him, but it seems weird that he hasn't replied.

Thanks for any advice!

Tried to get a fork about 6 month ago, left a bunch of msgs never got a call back.

Don't think he's in biz anymore.

d_douglas
08-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Hmmmm, it was less than 6mo tha ago that we corresponded and he offered up a limited run of steel headbadges to me for the repaint .

No biggie if I can't get the stuff, but I hope he's still in business :). Cool bikes :) :)

RedRider
08-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Carl is fine. He's actually showing at the Brooklyn Cult Bike Show this weekend.

d_douglas
08-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Great! Well, hopefully he catches up on email after this weekend ;)

Thanks, Sir!

pbarry
08-16-2014, 06:17 PM
I met Carl at an equipment auction in Greenpoint in the mid-90's, when he was looking for a Bridgeport milling machine, and I'd spotted a Lincoln tig welder I wanted. Solid dude, and always busy. He's built thousands, if not 10's of thousands of forks, his early-dayz bread and butter, and he's probably into number 2,000+ frames built by now. I'd imagine he remains super busy, so be patient on the decals, or use a painter like Spectrum Powdercoat that can duplicate decals.

YoKev
08-16-2014, 06:46 PM
I ride with him and he sponsors my club. I got a frame painted and had some work done by him last year.

He is still in business, but has refocused on teaching. His school is called "Metal Guru". You can find it on Facebook. Whether its through his metalguru site or Facebook, using these pages is the best way to contact him I've found. The actual website for Vicious hasn't been updated in a veeeery long time.

Still very much involved in the industry.

http://metalguruschool.com